Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Mike from (Smashed Fly) — Gideros Forum

Mike from (Smashed Fly)

MillerszoneMillerszone Member
edited September 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hello everyone!

I'm and independent developer. I started Smashed Fly (http://www.smashedfly.com) about one year ago. I currently
have one game on the app store called "Hit the Deck Baseball" which I created with GLBasic SDK. I also had another
game on the iTunes store called Just Pong, but I had to remove from the app store this week do to Atari Copyrights and
Trademarks. It lasted a year before it was pulled and was downloaded over 200,000 times. So it did very good.
I will be changing the name and theme, and will be using Girderos to code.

So, I came across Girderos by and RSS feed from ManiacDev.Com. I'm glad I did, because so far I like it a lot.

I've been trying out Corona SDK for a couple of months which is also a very good, but what I like about
Girderos is I don't have to upload my code to servers to compile and package, I can test my app on the device via
the Girderos player and less than half the price of Corona SDK. Oh, and I like that I can use Game Center without
OpenFeint.

The one feature I do like about Corona SDK is the Native UI control library.
Really would like virtual keyboard and text box.

The Girderos roadmap also looks very good. I hope the community grows!

Oh, I will probably be asking a lot of questions, just a warning. :)

Mike Miller

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Welcome on board, Mike! :)

200.000 downloads is really a great achievement, hope to see (the non-copyrighted-non-infringement-version ) in iTunes for the upcoming days. I've been from C64 days (using 8-bit computers since 85) and would love to see games ported there, however this (loading external dynamic libraries) is unfortunately not allowed.

Meanwhile, I can say that according to our roadmap, native UI library will be there for the next release. Moreover in fact we have a free version, which only shows a 2-second banner before your game launches.

You can just start experimenting with this release (which is really stable), and send your comments/suggestions/questions to the forum.

Thanks and welcome again! :)