Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2017.11 - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2017.11

Comments

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited November 2017
    Nothing from SourceForge support - as well as deleting the project, my account has been disabled and it appears @hgy29's has too ! :(

No idea what is going on there.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    2017.11.1 just released, fixing a few bugs and bringing two enhancements to gideros:
    - an outline pane in gideros studio
    - support for changing color in textfields

Use the same link as in the first post of this thread to download.
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @hgy29 thank you very much for the release.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    About colors in textfield, I implemented my tagging proposal so tags are introduced by an ESC ascii code (code 27, or '\e') and contains style parameters surrounded by brackets. Style parameters are key value pairs with equal sign between them, or simply key if no value is expected or relevant, and several parameters can go into the same tag.
    Generic format is:
    \e[key=value,key2=value2,key3,etc]
    Currently only 'color' is recognized, and expect a value starting with '#' in the form #rgb, #rgba, #rrggbb or #rrggbbaa. Any other value imply using the default text color.

Example:
    Textfield.new(font,"This is a \e[color=#f00]red\e[color] text")
  • the outline pane is a very nice surprise. would it be possible to sort things as they appear in the file?
  • in the outline pane for some reason in my class.lua file functions from main.lua are also visible. when i click on them (in the outline pane) they disappear though.
  • The editor also now has a built-in syntax checker! :)

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @keszegh - click the buttons at the top to stop sorting, etc
  • @SinisterSoft, thanks, i noticed that sorting buttons but did not realize that they are switches and how they behave, stupid me.

the issue with things from other files appearing seems to be a bug though.
  • In this latest version.. when closing a project.. Gideros Studio crashes.

Testing a bit more it seems that if I have just one source file open in the editor it works fine and the project is closed. Closing any project with multiple source files open causes it to crash!
  • Known issue, fixed by @hgy29 in the next update. :)

It should only happen if you open then close too quickly - before the file has been parsed properly and the panel updated.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • EricCarrEricCarr Member
    edited November 2017
    [ Deleted - Opened new thread for font monospacing bug]
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    2017.11.3 has just been released. It mainly brings a few bug fixes and iPhone X support.
    +1 -1 (+7 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • EricCarrEricCarr Member
    edited December 2017
    Awesome, thank you!!!

+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Not sure if hgy29 saw my update to the above message, so posting a new one.

Update after use -
    1. The font spacing works perfectly now. Thanks!
    2. Minor Annoyance - In the Gideros editor (windows). I used to be able to hit Ctrl+R to send to the player. Now I have to type F5, then Ctrl+R immediately afterward. I think you wanted to make it Ctrl+R OR F5, but currently it expects both to be typed in sequence.
    3. iOS player - When compiling the player in xcode, I had to comment out "frameBufferDirty=TRUE" since it was undefined. Then it compiled just fine.
    4. I'll soon be testing it on my iPhone X and will provide any feedback if something comes up. FYI, we have to add an iPhone sized splash image in order for the iPhone to load the app in full iPhone X mode (versus the pre-iPhone X compatible mode).
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited December 2017
    Saw it yes. Quick question about 3. is this with a player exported from the studio or the player sources in Players folder ?

EDIT: it would have been with the one in Players folder, which is somehwat lagging behind in functionnalities. I will remove that line in the code but I think it should be removed completely at some point, since on can export a custom player with appropriate plugins from the studio anyway.

EDIT 2: For 2. Yes thats what I meant. It looks like it doesn't work the way I thought, will fix this.
    +1 -1 (+5 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    About iPhone X support. Three changes have been made in Gideros to support it:
    - DPI is correctly reported for this new model
    - Full screen can be enabled through 'require' plugin
    - the display safe area (area not obscured by the top notch, rounded corners or apple on screen controls for gestures) can be queried by application:getDeviceSafeArea()
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Also take a look at the new application:getLogicalBounds() API (http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/gideros/Application/getLogicalBounds#Application:getLogicalBounds). Very useful when working in letterbox mode!
  • it seems the safe area returned by getDeviceSafeArea is not safe.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Xman, can you elaborate ? I checked it on a real device and t gave sensible results in all orientations and scales. but of course I may have missed something...
  • XmanXman Member
    edited December 2017
    My project setting is logical dimensions: 640 x 960 in portrait.
    when run in a iPhone X simulator, the result is 0, -187, 640, 1153 when pass true to getDeviceSafeArea.

the top position -187 will be covered by the notch.

to my understand the value -137 get by 44 * 3 / application:getLogicalScaleY() - app:getLogicalTranslateY()/application:getLogicalScaleY() is the safe top value.

Correct me if I'm making a mistake.

• XmanXman Member
    edited December 2017
    the difference value 50 between -137 and -187 is just 44 * 2 / (1125/640)
    44 * 2 is exactly the difference of (pixels - points).

So the problems maybe just covert the value returned by safeAreaInsets to pixel firstly.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    did you enable retina ? did you tick the fullscreen mode option for iPhone X in require plugin ?
  • enable retina

no require plugin used
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I tried with your settings, 640x960 portrait / letterbox, and i get (on a real iPhone X):
    0 -137.8133392334 640 1114.8800048828
    to be compared with full logical bounds:
    -0 -212.9066619873 640 1172.9066162109

in my demo, I draw colored bars in the unsafe regions, and they look correct.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited December 2017
    Ahhh that must because the fullscreen mode isn't enabled then. I should just return the logical bounds in that case, because iOS limits your app to the safe area anyway (compatibility mode) if you don't enable fullscreen mode, so insets are irrelevants. I didn't try that case, that's true.
  • I think I have enabled the fullscreen mode.
    I have set a launch screen storyboard and the full screen is rendered.

if in compatibility mode the top and bottom of the screen is just black bar.
  • When disable retina, the value is just 0 -137.8133392334 640 1114.8800048828,
    it's right.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes, that's true, so why don't you get the same values as me ?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Maybe the simulator doesn't handle retina properly ?