Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2017.11 — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2017.11

SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
edited November 2017 in Announcements
New features
Lua
* Allow UTF-8 identifiers (Fix #332)
* Lua multi-dimensional array indexing with comma syntax
* New Lua mutation operators
Studio
* Import directories recursively
Plugins
* Liquidfun 1.1.0 plugin (beta)

Enhancements
* Associate .gproj files with Gideros Studio on Windows
* Display a message box when a lua error occurs in win32 export
* Better error/warning handling on export
* Automatic resampling of TTFont on logical scale changes
* Fonts rendered to texture through TTFont are limited to 300px size, to avoid overflowing texture memory
* Documentation for Lua enhancements ( http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/enhancement )

Fixes
* [studio] cancel autocomplete when changing page
* [gvfs] Fix 64bit issue
* [core] Do not justify non wrapped lines
* [core] Fix event discarding routine, which could free wrong memory locations
* [plugin/ogg] Allow video only ogg files (without audio track), fix video size issue and port to WinRT

http://giderosmobile.com/download
Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
https://deluxepixel.com
+1 -1 (+11 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• If you have twitter then please tweet ( or re-tweet ), the same with facebook...

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • EricCarrEricCarr Member
    edited November 2017
    Hey, I don't see an exe or pkg yet. Also, FYI, the GiderosiOSPlayer isn't building for me.

clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/eric/Desktop/GiderosiOSPlayer/GiderosiOSPlayer/Plugins/gamekit.mm'
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited November 2017
    If you follow the link in download you will see it's now on SourceForge, not on Github.

The exe and pkg files are there.

The reason for the change from GH to SF is that SF is much more reliable for large files, has pause, resume, recover support when downloading and also has a mirror system - so you download from the nearest server to where you are located. :)
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Very nice enhancements! I particulars like the Lua enhancements.
    I will replace some of my code to use those.
    Thank you guys!
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Isn't ParticleSystem was a Liquidfun implement ?, anyway documentation of liquidfun was totally equal to b2.World:createParticleSystem(particleSysDef) ?

Any info about LF plugin ?
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • @Yan - this is the latest liquid fun 1.1.0 - Gideros normally uses 1.0.0

Eventually I think the plan is to move Box2D/LiquidFun out of gideros and into a plugin - so if you don't use it then the executable could be much smaller.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @Yan - this is the latest liquid fun 1.1.0 - Gideros normally uses 1.0.0

Eventually I think the plan is to move Box2D/LiquidFun out of gideros and into a plugin - so if you don't use it then the executable could be much smaller.
    Nice ! Would be more useful as plugin
    vk.com/yan_alex
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I love the plugin system but having to make players all the time with different plugins included would be a pain in the rear end... So much so that I haven't bothered doing that yet.

I don't see why the windows and Android players that come with Gideros don't have those all built in by default A new user may come to Gideros and try using bump (or another plugin that is not in the default player) and be confused when it doesn't work. When exporting to APK then the plugins the user chose will be included automatically so that's not a problem, just testing in the players is.

I reverted to an older version of Gideros that doesn't require those shenanigans to get bump to work in a player :)
  • the desktop player should include all plugins, i agree. for space etc reasons for android maybe there could be two player apks, one with all plugins and one minimal with no plugins.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    If it was only me I would no longer provide players with gideros, but rather make a player exemple with everything ticked and let the user export it himself the first time he needs a player. This would reduce gideros installer's size and make the player more visible (from within the studio)

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @keszegh, the desktop player already includes all plugins
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited November 2017
    @hgy29, indeed, i was wrong about that.

a player apk is useful though for newcomers. the gideros installer is anyway huge, this does not change it much.
    if you insist on removing the apk then there should be an example (preferably the first one/positioned quite clearly) called 'exporting an android gideros player' or something with no code at all and some explanation included within comments.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited November 2017
    @keszegh, yes that is what I have in mind. Some plugins require configuration though, ads require account ids, facebook needs app id, etc. Which means that building a fully functionnal player with all plugins embedded is impossible.

Having an option to build a player from the studio would (IMO) makes it more obvious that native players do exists (new comers may not have the idea to look at Players folder in gideros installation), and will show the customization options at the same time. For android this would bring back the need for debug key signing stuff though...
  • the debug key stuff is abit of a hassle indeed. the apk included in the gideros folder is signed with a key of gideros's own?
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited November 2017
    isn't it possible to provide a 'template key' in the installer which can be automatically used to sign if no other key is specified?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes, that would be the best option I reckon
  • A web-player could maybe also be used if no player exists. The only problem I see is bandwidth if the user keeps downloading the player.
  • Strange, the windows and Android players are pretty small but the ios zip is like 156MB.

I didn't know the windows player contained the plugins because when I tried the latest version with native bump the player crashed when I tried to use it. Maybe I'm using it wrong :D

Personally anything that makes a new users experience smoother is the best path. Making people create their own player from scratch as a noob isn't that friendly IMHO.
  • theone10theone10 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi,

I just found that this problem happen again in this new version and in 2017.9 too.

http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/5494/no-internet-connection-problem-with-ads/p1

when no have internet connection.. AD_FAILED doesnt check the internet connection
  • It seems that TextField:setText() isn't clearing it's area correctly before setting new text. as a result it looks like when you set a shorter line than the current one.. it leaves bits left over at the end of the line..

Here is an example that (on my system with 2017.11) replicates the issue without fail :)
    local textLines = {
      "this is a long line",
      "short line here",
      "really short",
      "shortest!",
      "but now this is the longest line",
      "let us retreat once more",
      "and prepare",
      "for reboot",
    }
    local textPosition = 0
    local textCounter = 0

local textField = TextField.new(nil, "")
    textField:setPosition(100, 100)
    textField:setTextColor(0x88bbdd)
    textField:setScale(3)
    stage:addChild(textField)

local function onEnterFrame(e)
      local dt = e.deltaTime

local counter = textCounter - dt -- change text every two seconds
      if counter <= 0 then
        counter = counter + 2
        local position = textPosition + 1
        textField:setText(textLines[position]) -- set new text
        if position == #textLines then position = 0 end -- loop through text lines
        textPosition = position
      end
      textCounter = counter
    end

stage:addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, onEnterFrame)
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @antix, looks like you spotted a big bug :) Let me fix that for next release.

• Awesome, because I re-use use sooo many TextFields. Initially I thought I had made typography errors in my texts but it wasn't the case :D
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi,

I get a "Whoops, we can't find that page." when I click on download from SoureForge.

When I do a search for Gideros on SourceForge, I only find the project named Longford.
  • Same here, I've sent a message to their support - not heard anything yet.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Gideros account on sourceforge seems to have been deleted yesterday evening, without any kind of prior notice. They definitely lost my esteem now. I'll continue uploading releases to github and try to provide a mirror on another server for last release only.
    I didn't keep a copy of 2017.11 binaries though, I won't be able to upload it to github. Unless anyone here still have it ?
    Anyway 2017.11.1 is almost ready...
  • Gideros account on sourceforge seems to have been deleted yesterday evening, without any kind of prior notice. They definitely lost my esteem now. I'll continue uploading releases to github and try to provide a mirror on another server for last release only.
    I didn't keep a copy of 2017.11 binaries though, I won't be able to upload it to github. Unless anyone here still have it ?
    Anyway 2017.11.1 is almost ready...
    Prefer GitHub too, very strange they deleted competely free source, maybe they found some code that has conditionary free licence
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited November 2017
    here is a link to latest binaries, it may take some time (~15 mins) until it is uploaded to my dropbox account though:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yizzboiiy3yf92r/Gideros_2017.11.exe?dl=0

@hgy29, you can upload to github too, maybe it is better there (meanwhile).
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Thanks, I will upload this .exe to github

• keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited November 2017
    i see that the mac installer is still missing, so if anyone has it, please share it with @hgy29.