Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Can't download Gideros from GitHub :( — Gideros Forum

Can't download Gideros from GitHub :(

Apollo14Apollo14 Member
edited August 2017 in General questions
Hi guys!

Can somebody please upload original Gideros.exe to some other file hosting or torrent?

I've tried like 20 times to download Gideros.exe from Github redirecting to amazonaws, but for some reason downloading gets interrupted.
I've got pretty slow internet (only 2mbps).

Thanks!
> Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
“The more you do coding stuff, the better you get at it.” - Aristotle (322 BC)

Comments

• Guys? Can you please help?
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
  • talistalis Guru
    edited August 2017
    @Apollo14 if you will write your email adress from message, i can personally sent you the file from wetransfer service. But please keep in mind that i am not officially related in Gideros team. I can only personally gurantee that i will download the file from github (latest release) and sent you the file without altering it any kind.
    In general, i strongly advise you that you download the gideros or any program from the original source. But this seems a weird case that you can not download it.(Normally 2mbps should be enough, as the file itself is ~= 200 600 mb)
    Edit: Sorry misinfromation about filesize. Corrected to 600 :D
  • the file is ~600mb nowadays, but indeed it is strange that you cannot download it. perhaps using some download manager would make it possible to resume the download.
  • @Apollo14 if you will write your email adress from message, i can personally sent you the file from wetransfer service. But please keep in mind that i am not officially related in Gideros team. I can only personally gurantee that i will download the file from github (latest release) and sent you the file without altering it any kind.
    In general, i strongly advise you that you download the gideros or any program from the original source. But this seems a weird case that you can not download it.(Normally 2mbps should be enough, as the file itself is ~= 200 600 mb)
    Edit: Sorry misinfromation about filesize. Corrected to 600 :D
    OK, I sent you my email adress in pm.
    the file is ~600mb nowadays, but indeed it is strange that you cannot download it. perhaps using some download manager would make it possible to resume the download.
    Download manager doesn't help, amazonaws forbids resuming. :(
  • Amazonaws gives me this shit after few minutes of downloading:
    AccessDenied
    Request has expired
    2017-08-17T01:45:29Z
    2017-08-17T02:04:16Z
    5E52E829101F1711

GnyiSC+RTk/HqcVfsr/PHXxSwGgq07OGf4RekGSV4LQmlLx1rsx2vJkfwN/VTneJHPtefLFwvVQ=

• Hi @Apollo14

Ninjadoodle here - I talked to you on the HTML5GameDevs Forum :)

Are you on PC or Mac? I can try and put the file on my Dropbox, to see if that works.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Hi @Apollo14

Ninjadoodle here - I talked to you on the HTML5GameDevs Forum :)

Are you on PC or Mac? I can try and put the file on my Dropbox, to see if that works.
    Oh, hi Ninjadoodle!
    I'm on PC :)
  • Hi @Apollo14

I'm uploading it to my Dropbox, but it will take a few hours (my upload speed is really slow). Once it's there I will let you know!

• NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Apollo14

The Gideros.exe is up on my Dropbox now ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ivtd533skyh9zi/Gideros.exe?dl=0

Let me know if this works for you :)

• Hi @Apollo14

The Gideros.exe is up on my Dropbox now ...

dropbox.com/s/4ivtd533skyh9zi/Gideros.exe?dl=0

Let me know if this works for you :)
    Thanks, man! It works perfectly!
  • Awesome, I'm happy you finally have it :)

Enjoy playing with Gideros - it's awesome!

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    You should all be ok downloading from now on, moved downloads to SourceForge.

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • You should all be ok downloading from now on, moved downloads to SourceForge.
    Yep! Downloading from SourceForge goes perfectly well! Thanks a lot!