Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Will there be an iOS automatic export build version of Gideros in future. — Gideros Forum

Will there be an iOS automatic export build version of Gideros in future.

MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
edited April 2017 in General questions
The automatic build .apk system in Gideros is ace and saves so much time especially when working with ad libs etc.

Will there be a similar system for iOS in future? I know it's quite an ask but was just wondering.

I have a lots of apps spread across all storefronts and many of them are iOS. Maintaining them all can take ages with the latest ad libs installed etc.

Comments

• MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
    edited April 2017
    ...I also ask because many ad providers contantly update their SDK's of course and even in a short while since I last updated my iOS ad SDK's, AppLovin have updated their iOS ad SDK yet again recently. Endless extra work if want the the best as eCPM's you can get out there for example.

WIth the Android system Gideros now has all that is done for you which is superb!
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes, in fact it already exists for a few plugins and I am planning to convert others by June, but it is hard work. Next release will come with this system for WinRT.
    +1 -1 (+6 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • WOW! Take my money, hell arm and leg too! - Superb :D

I can only imagine it is hard work tho yes.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • PaulHPaulH Member
    Do I understand that correctly? There will be an option to export directly to a package that's ready to upload to iTunes, like it produces an APK ready to upload to Google Play? I could understand integrating the plugins into an exported Xcode project, but can you really eliminate the need for the developer to use Xcode completely? I was under the impression that Apple insisted that all iOS apps be built with Xcode, but I hope I was mistaken about that.

That seems too good to be true. But if it is... there will be much rejoicing!

Paul
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes and No ;) the idea is to do the same as for apk: build an IPA using Xcode under gideros control, that is gideros will invoke Xcode through command line (xcodebuild) to generate IPA... if it turns out to be possible and of course only on a mac with Xcode installled and set up correctly
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    Must say, the auto APK generation is just fantastic!
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook