Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2016.10 released! - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2016.10 released!

Comments

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited November 2016
    @mertocan can you zip up a project with the assets and send me a link, I'll take a look.

Also, alpha decay can be done now by the particle system - no need to do it in your enterframe loop.

Not too sure on the max no of particles for one particle sprite either. @hgy29 will know.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • XmanXman Member
    edited November 2016
    + ads plugin: updatedadmob SDK and APIs, interstitial support preload and refresh when closed and fixed setAlignment issue.
    I'm having problems with interstitial ads for admob. What has changed exactly? My code used to work fine before.

I already use ad:loadAd(adType)

Is this still pre-load?
    Yes, call ad:loadAd(adType) to preload an ad, then you call ad:showAd(adType) to display it. It would refresh the ads automatically when closed.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Max particle count for a single Particle Sprite is 16k

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Example could not open from the studio main window.
    Starts Gideros player button not work.
  • @SinisterSoft here is the zip. How can I use Alpha decay? It is not documented.
    zip
    zip
    ParticleTest.zip
  • Great job.

Donated ;)
  • mertocanmertocan Member
    edited November 2016
    Nice! Thanks. @hgy29

I have updated the code but still It doesnt work in some builds. I tested 10-20 times. Sometimes, particles are not created and sometimes they are located in wrong.
    zip
    zip
    ParticleTest.zip
  • I'll take a look tonight, it may be a gfx card issue - does it happen on Android too?
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
  • XmanXman Member
    edited November 2016
    All path relative features do not work in gideros studio
    like open example, open help->api reference, open player, select plugins.
    Could not open the project file: ../../Examples/Graphics/Button/Button.gproj
  • @SinisterSoft I didnt try on android. I have tested on iPhone and Mac both had same issue.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Xman and others,
    We are investigating this Mac issue, looks like it could be some Sierra restriction since fresh installs on El Capitan seem to work properly. However I switched to Sierra and did a fresh reinstall of Gideros and it still works on my Mac. OTOH I use my Mac to build Gideros so I may have some specific configuration. Could it be some new security feature brought by Sierra ?
  • Will this clue help?
    launch the gideros studio from Contents/macOS/Gideros Studio, it seems all works fine.

I also installed on my older MacBook Pro with 10.12.1, the gideros studio could not be opened at all.
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    It seems that Sierra has a different opinion of what constitutes the current working directory (CWD) compared to previous versions of OS X.

On my computer, Gideros is installed at
    /Applications/Gideros Studio/Gideros Studio.app/Contents

(with subdirectories under this including MacOS which contains the actual executable).

Previously OSX would take the above directory to be the CWD so, the path
    ../../Examples/Graphics/Bird Animation/Bird Animation.gproj

would find the correct file.

But now it looks like the CWD is taken to be somewhere else. If so this is going to break hundreds of programs not just Gideros and it's a simple Apple bug which they will no doubt fix. (I can't believe this is a 'feature'!)

I also found this website which lists numerous bugs in Sierra:

http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/24/troubleshooting-macos-sierra-problems/

I think this section might be relevant:
    “The application ‘name’ can’t be opened” or Error -41

Unfortunately the solution is to reinstall Sierra!

Note that this problem only occurs in Sierra not in previous versions of OSX. However, @hgy29 has installed Sierra without encountering the problem. I have not upgraded from El Capitan yet as I am afraid such a buggy release of OSX will break the build system. I'd rather wait till things stabilise before upgrading.
  • XmanXman Member
    edited November 2016
    Has something changed in the build environment?

The previous release can work just well on Seirra.
  • XmanXman Member
    edited November 2016
    I built a release on a Sierra Mac just now, and it could run without this issue.

@hay29, no specific configuration required for Sierra to run it . I built it on one Mac and install it on another fresh Mac, both with Sierra, all works well.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi all, I've found an issue with the facebook plug-in for Android:

libFacebook.so should be libfacebook.so (all lowercase)

PS - I also turned off Instant Run in the latest version of Android Studio (v2.2.2).
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Or is it the
    System.loadLibrary("Facebook");
    that is incorrect ?
  • @hgy29 I changed the libface.so file only. System.loadLibrary("facebook"); is alll lowercase too.
  • NatWobbleNatWobble Member
    edited November 2016
    Some changes have been made to the Admob dependencies for iOS according to the release notes, and will affect users of the latest version (7.12.1):

7.11.0 2016‑09‑15
    Removed dependencies on CoreBlueooth, EventKit, and EventKitUI frameworks.

7.9.0 2016‑07‑13
    Added GLKit, OpenGLES, CoreMotion and CoreVideo framework dependencies to improve and enhance ad rendering and quality.

7.7.0 2016‑02‑24
    Added a dependency on the MediaPlayer framework.

So the docs at http://docs.giderosmobile.com/interface/ads are slightly out of date.

• @SinisterSoft did you try Particle Class that I sent?
  • I tried, I kept hitting play and 99% of the time I had a slight diagonal line of particles.

Every so often though they would be huge and in the wrong place.

This may have been because maybe they are not cleaned up properly?

@hgy29 might know?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I tried and can reproduce the issue too, I think it can be a wrong init of time reference, as if gideros was drawing the first frame trying to take a huge lag into account...

• Yes, that would explain it - could the 'huge lag' it be some kind of inverted difference because no or no time has passed?
  • I have also tried to call init function with Delayed Call but got the same result. How can I fix this issue now?
  • So is this issue solely related to particles or could it maybe be affecting other things as well?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I pushed a fix to github for this... well at least I cannot reproduce the issue anymore with this fix: https://github.com/gideros/gideros/commit/f8cddf152b136e25d9daaf0334c8d6647ab0318c
    The good news is that it is only related to particles, the bad news is that I can't think of a workaround for current release.
  • I will try to compile gideros :) When are you planning to release update?

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited November 2016
    Quick update about Mac OS Sierra 'issue': it looks like newest version of Apple OS now sandbox apps donwloaded from 'unsafe' locations, that is apps not coming from the app store or not signed. Those apps are marked as 'quarantine', and thats why Gideros Studio fails to find its file.

One can disable quarantine by typing the following command in a terminal window:
    xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Gideros\ Studio/
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • You also need to do a similar command for the player if you use libs like the bit library.