Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
UI library for Gideros? — Gideros Forum

UI library for Gideros?

cwchentwcwchentw Member
edited March 2017 in General questions
Hi, everyone. I am new to Gideros, still trying to understand its available API.
Since interested in business app, I want to know proper way using UI library in Gideros.

It seems there are two choices:

1. Widget Candy
2. Layout

Any experience on these two options? Or any other solution I didn't notice?

Thanks for your reply.

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I tried Widget Candy and while it is working pretty well out of the box, it is quite difficult to extend and other users reported that the developer don't reply to support requests. And it hasn't evolved for years... All in all it is a working but dead UI library.

Layout on the other hand may not be as complete, but is developed by an active Gideros user/developer, @N1cke.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talistalis Guru
    edited March 2017
    1-Widget Candy
    I bought widget candy long time ago. Let me say %95 percentage of what they advertise in their website is working. Unfortunately as @hgy26 mentioned there is zero support more than 1 year. If default advertised functions will satisfy yor needs you can give it a try, but don't expect any help from the developer. Although it is source code is not hidden or encrypted i personally fond it so much confusing to alter it. In addition Gideros implementation is so much strict, you can have problems while using it with default Gideros api and features like scenemanager or stage.

Edit:LAst time i received email from them is 11.05.2014 :D

2-Layout
    Actively developed and seems more tidy. In addition you can combine your own code so much easily if needed.

Need to think which UI elements you need in your desired application and act according to it. Widget candy in its current state seems like a chaotic powerful tool. You can end up having zero to 100 percentage success with it:D

• Thanks for replies.

I thought I'll give Layout a try first, since it is actively developed by Gideros user/developer @N1cke.
  • antixantix Member
    Widget Candy is pretty good but I don't even use it anymore. It's very monolithic and for my projects I need a more lightweight UI system. Added to that the developers will take your money and not reply to your support requests is one big reason not to purchase it.

Give Layout a look :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook