Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Using Gideros Player with another source editor? — Gideros Forum

Using Gideros Player with another source editor?

gianmichelegianmichele Member
edited September 2012 in General questions
Is there any guide or tutorial on setting up Gideros Player with another editor like Sublime Text 2 or TextMate on Mac?

Comments

• evsevs Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hello,

I have attached what I use for Sublime Text 2

It has Completions, Syntax Colouring and if you have the .gproj file selected when you build will run the code in the Gideros Player (either desktop or iOS simulator, whatever you have running) via the Gideros Command Line Tools

Just unzip to /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Gideros

cheers

evs
    zip
    zip
    Gideros Sublime Text 2.zip
  • gianmichelegianmichele Member
    edited September 2012
    WOW Thanks! The code completion and syntax highlight work beautifully.

Couldn't get the gideros player to work. Had a look into the build file of ST2, and the path was strangely pointing somewhere in usr/local/bin. I've changed it to where the gdrbridge is (inside the Gideros studio package) but I only get a Daemon started successfully message in ST2.

Any idea?

UPDATE: problem solved! My player was set to the wrong ip :)

• evsevs Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello,

Yes I copied my gdrbridge and daemon to /usr/local/bin - oops!

If you run it again it should work, it runs the daemon the very first run, so it needs another nudge

cheers

evs
  • any idea how to do this one in Windows?
  • Hello,

I just use Lua Glider now, it's cross-platform and really good!

Works with Gideros, MOAI, Corona and plain lua.

When the Gideros functionality is refined (still really a beta for the Gideros) it's going to be really great!!!

The developers seem really committed to this

BTW I am not affiliated with this product. It's just the best IDE I've used for Gideros/Lua programming

Cheers

evs
  • edited September 2012
    Hello Evs,

Thanks for the kind words. We are working to get all the features working. Thanks for helping us test the product, if you find any bugs let us know. Perhaps the best way to get in contact with us is via google chat. our email is

mydevelopergames (at) (gee)mail (dot) com

Anyone can send us a chat anytime about the product.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • I've been playing with the Glider beta, and now the recent release. Can you tell me, am I meant to be able to debug an app in the Gideros player running on a real device? I can't find out how to do it. I can debug something on the desktop player but I really need to run my code on an actual iOS device.

best regards
  • Hello,

Just run the player on your device and change the ip address in Lua Glider settings to the player on the device

The desktop player will still run, but the code will run on the player on the device

This also works if you open the player on the iOS Simulator, leaving the ip address at 127.0.0.1

Cheers

Evs
  • @bowerandy,
    It is not possible to debug on the device at the moment. We are working on it however. If you need the device for accelerometer/gyroscope events you can use the IDE remote.

@Evs,
    Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers