Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Android plugin example — Gideros Forum

Android plugin example

ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
edited April 2012 in General questions
Is there any available? There is everything needed for IOS, but for Android version needs some additional functionality, which I hope to achieve through plugins. Since I don't have any specific Android development knowledge, it would be great to have simple example with what to start. :)

Dislikes: bali001

+1 -1 (+3 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• +1
    the same for me.

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Atilim is on a heavy load :) He's currently working on a wonderful "mobile analytics" plugin/SDK that will be available for Gideros Studio in the near future. Also that nasty "crash bug" seen on particular Android versions should be fixed by the next release.

I'm forcing my brother for a few Android example plugins, so Android plugins are on par with iOS. Click on +1 as much as you can to support me :)

+1 -1 (+16 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • evsevs Member
    +1

• ScouserScouser Guru
    edited April 2012
    +1
    I had me a play at trying to write a plugin but am having problems with the linker refusing to see the Gideros library, leaving me with loads of undefined references to the lua functions. :( I may have another try later today as I really want to add some native UI support and a host of other goodies. If I get it working I will post my findings.
  • ChangChang Member
    +1

Would love to see android in-app billing and maybe admob plugin with more controls (hide/show/position). >:D<
    edited April 2012
    Until an example comes from Atilim, you can implement admob already using Arturs' tutorial:

http://appcodingeasy.com/Gideros-Mobile/Gideros-Implementing-AdMob-for-Android

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • +1
    I had me a play at trying to write a plugin but am having problems with the linker refusing to see the Gideros library, leaving me with loads of undefined references to the lua functions. :( I may have another try later today as I really want to add some native UI support and a host of other goodies. If I get it working I will post my findings.
    So you got informations on how to create a plugin?

• ScouserScouser Guru
    edited April 2012
    Just trying to get it to compile first as a shared library. Once that is done I think you only have to add the compiled plugin (plugin.so) to your project and use:
    require "plugin"
    I may be totally wrong on that point but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am. At present, the module compiles to an obj file but ignores the gideros shared library libgideros.so, resulting in the many undefined references.
  • Ok I've managed to get the plugin to compile and link as a shared library. I've added it to my project but now I receive the error
    error loading module 'plugins/libTestPlugin' from file './plugins/libTestPlugin.so':
    	dynamic libraries not enabled; check your Lua installation
    I'm using v2012.2.2 with GiderosAndroidPlayer.apk (28/03/12 14:50) installed on my phone. :((

I also tried running it on the desktop player and noticed that I have to compile the plugin as a windows dll for it to work. I may get around to this but I'm more concerned with the dynamic libraries not enabled bit. Hopefully I'm doing something wrong and it can be easily rectified.
  • ScouserScouser Guru
    edited April 2012
    Ok another problem encountered if I try to build the DLL using Visual Studio 2010 Express
    5 undefined externals:
    GProxy::object(void) referenced in function "private: static int __cdecl TestClassBinder::create(struct lua_State *)"
    GEventDispatcherProxy::GEventDispatcherProxy(enum GProxy::GType) referenced in function "public: __thiscall TestClass::TestClass(struct lua_State *)"
    GEventDispatcherProxy::~GEventDispatcherProxy(void) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall TestClass::~TestClass(void)"
    GReferenced::unref(void) referenced in function "private: static int __cdecl TestClassBinder::destruct(struct lua_State *)"
    GReferenced::proxy(void) referenced in function "private: static int __cdecl TestClassBinder::destruct(struct lua_State *)"
    :(( :((

Again I'm at a loss here but hope that someone can provide an answer.

Also sorry for the multiple posts but the forum won't show the emoticon window when editing a post :(
    @atilim can you see the cries? :-h
  • I'll get him a coffee - he'll feel better then! :)
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • hoanhoan Member
    Should we call java code from c? The bitop library works great, but what about calling java code? The admob example is bad because you can't control it from lua.

Thanks
    Hoan