Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Ultimate Guide | Gideros Development Center
Ads Interface - Support for AdMob "Rewarded Video Ads" or use another service? - Gideros Forum

Ads Interface - Support for AdMob "Rewarded Video Ads" or use another service?

TheCrypto Member
edited November 25 in Plugins
Hi everyone, I've been using Gideros for almost 6 years now, it's an excellent framework and I'am very happy how it has been improved over time: big up to the devs! Personally, I've used it only for small games and stuff, nothing worth of being published in the stores, because I've never had the opportunity (and the right idea) for a good game concept.
Btw, some weeks ago that suddenly changed and now I'm finally developing my first games that (hopefully) will reach the stores!

Since I'm planning to insert some Ads and after reading some papers about the performance of various Mobile Ads Services here in Italy (yay, pizza) I decided to go with Google's AdMob banner and video ads.

Now comes the problem: (apparently) in the Ads Interface Plugin that comes with Gideros there is no support for the latter (the video ads).

After some research I also found this discussion AdMob mediation: reward ads but with no further updates about the integration.

Now I've two choices:
* Find a way to implement the AdMob's video ads (or use an implementation that already exists, if so).
* Use another service (which are less popular here in Italy like Vungle or AdColony).

What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks in advance,
Davide

Comments

• olegoleg Member
    I use "Interstitial" video ads - it works
    +1 -1
  • If you look at the admob plugin code then it might not be that hard to add rewards ads - the actual ads plugin system supports rewards.
    +1 -1
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    IIRC someone added rewarded videos for admob recently, so it should work
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
  • TheCrypto Member
    edited November 25
    oleg said:

I use "Interstitial" video ads - it works

Yeah, but it's not the same, I was looking for an actual reward video ad.

If you look at the admob plugin code then it might not be that hard to add rewards ads - the actual ads plugin system supports rewards.

Yep, I know that it won't be that difficult but I thought it was already implemented in some way. (Which it is)
    hgy29 said:

IIRC someone added rewarded videos for admob recently, so it should work

That's great! In fact after some digging in the java source of the Ads plugin I found the "rewarded" adType.. and IT WORKS!

Here's the test code if someone in the future will face this problem again:
    require "ads"
    admob=Ads.new("admob")
    -- AdMob's testing key
    admob:setKey("ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712")

-- Let's load the video Ad with the testing UnitId that Google provides us for test purposes
    admob:loadAd("rewarded", "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/5224354917")

-- Some debug events.. just in case something goes wrong
    admob:addEventListener(Event.AD_DISPLAYED, function ()
    print("Ad successfully displayed")
    end)

admob:addEventListener(Event.AD_ERROR , function (event)
    print("AD_ERROR : " .. event.error)
    end)

admob:addEventListener(Event.AD_FAILED , function (event)
    print("AD_FAILED : " .. event.error)
    end)

admob:addEventListener(Event.AD_RECEIVED , function (event)
    print("Video loaded, showing it.")
    admob:showAd("rewarded", "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/5224354917")
    end)

The documentation should be updated too.

Thanks to everyone!
    +1 -1 (+5 / -0 )