Quick Links: Gideros Home | Download Gideros | Developer Guide
Bloom Gideros example and background...
  • Guys,

The Bloom example, that comes with Gideros, works on a container where we draw the game sprites.
    This container must be a non-transparent, dark, solid color shape. Otherwise the bloom does not work.

For example if I make the container transparent - the entire screen blooms.
    So I can't have some nice background image, because the container needs to be non transparent. If my background is displayed in the container itself - it also blooms and does not look nice.

Another example: If I want some of my sprites to bloom and some not - I can put the bloom ones in a bloom container sprite and the others in another, but if the bloom container is not transparent I can't put anything behind it...

The question:
    Is there a way to make the bloom example work in transparent container?

Cheers,

Vlad
  • You draw the 'to be' bloomed sprites to a texture, then you process that texture for bloom - you can then draw that texture onto your real game screen.
  • Thanks @SinisterSoft, but how do you do that in the Bloom Gideros example?
    Do you mean to do another RemoveChild/RenderTarget/draw/Bitmap.new/addChild on each frame in addition on everything else the bloom is doing on frame?
    Isn't that going to be slow?
    I was kind of hoping that tweaking the Bloom.lua code can make it work with trasparent container...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Top Posters