Quick Links: Gideros Home | Download Gideros | Developer Guide
Gideros 2017.11
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft +1 -1 (+9 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    New features
    Lua
    * Allow UTF-8 identifiers (Fix #332)
    * Lua multi-dimensional array indexing with comma syntax
    * New Lua mutation operators
    Studio
    * Import directories recursively
    Plugins
    * Liquidfun 1.1.0 plugin (beta)

Enhancements
    * Associate .gproj files with Gideros Studio on Windows
    * Display a message box when a lua error occurs in win32 export
    * Better error/warning handling on export
    * Automatic resampling of TTFont on logical scale changes
    * Fonts rendered to texture through TTFont are limited to 300px size, to avoid overflowing texture memory
    * Documentation for Lua enhancements ( http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/enhancement )

Fixes
    * [studio] cancel autocomplete when changing page
    * [gvfs] Fix 64bit issue
    * [core] Do not justify non wrapped lines
    * [core] Fix event discarding routine, which could free wrong memory locations
    * [plugin/ogg] Allow video only ogg files (without audio track), fix video size issue and port to WinRT

http://giderosmobile.com/download
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    If you have twitter then please tweet ( or re-tweet https://twitter.com/SinisterSoft/status/926517501160247299 ), the same with facebook...

• Hey, I don't see an exe or pkg yet. Also, FYI, the GiderosiOSPlayer isn't building for me.

clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/eric/Desktop/GiderosiOSPlayer/GiderosiOSPlayer/Plugins/gamekit.mm'
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    If you follow the link in download you will see it's now on SourceForge, not on Github.

The exe and pkg files are there.

The reason for the change from GH to SF is that SF is much more reliable for large files, has pause, resume, recover support when downloading and also has a mirror system - so you download from the nearest server to where you are located. :)

• kussakov +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    Very nice enhancements! I particulars like the Lua enhancements.
    I will replace some of my code to use those.
    Thank you guys!
  • Yan +1 -1
    Isn't ParticleSystem was a Liquidfun implement ?, anyway documentation of liquidfun was totally equal to b2.World:createParticleSystem(particleSysDef) ?

Any info about LF plugin ?
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    @Yan - this is the latest liquid fun 1.1.0 - Gideros normally uses 1.0.0

Eventually I think the plan is to move Box2D/LiquidFun out of gideros and into a plugin - so if you don't use it then the executable could be much smaller.

• Yan +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )

@Yan - this is the latest liquid fun 1.1.0 - Gideros normally uses 1.0.0

Eventually I think the plan is to move Box2D/LiquidFun out of gideros and into a plugin - so if you don't use it then the executable could be much smaller.

Nice ! Would be more useful as plugin
  • antixantix +1 -1
    I love the plugin system but having to make players all the time with different plugins included would be a pain in the rear end... So much so that I haven't bothered doing that yet.

I don't see why the windows and Android players that come with Gideros don't have those all built in by default A new user may come to Gideros and try using bump (or another plugin that is not in the default player) and be confused when it doesn't work. When exporting to APK then the plugins the user chose will be included automatically so that's not a problem, just testing in the players is.

I reverted to an older version of Gideros that doesn't require those shenanigans to get bump to work in a player :)
    Check out my DevBlog, my GitHub, and my games Falling Animals | Breaky Wall | Exetor
  • the desktop player should include all plugins, i agree. for space etc reasons for android maybe there could be two player apks, one with all plugins and one minimal with no plugins.
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    If it was only me I would no longer provide players with gideros, but rather make a player exemple with everything ticked and let the user export it himself the first time he needs a player. This would reduce gideros installer's size and make the player more visible (from within the studio)

• hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    @keszegh, the desktop player already includes all plugins
  • @hgy29, indeed, i was wrong about that.

a player apk is useful though for newcomers. the gideros installer is anyway huge, this does not change it much.
    if you insist on removing the apk then there should be an example (preferably the first one/positioned quite clearly) called 'exporting an android gideros player' or something with no code at all and some explanation included within comments.
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    @keszegh, yes that is what I have in mind. Some plugins require configuration though, ads require account ids, facebook needs app id, etc. Which means that building a fully functionnal player with all plugins embedded is impossible.

Having an option to build a player from the studio would (IMO) makes it more obvious that native players do exists (new comers may not have the idea to look at Players folder in gideros installation), and will show the customization options at the same time. For android this would bring back the need for debug key signing stuff though...
  • the debug key stuff is abit of a hassle indeed. the apk included in the gideros folder is signed with a key of gideros's own?
  • isn't it possible to provide a 'template key' in the installer which can be automatically used to sign if no other key is specified?
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    Yes, that would be the best option I reckon
  • A web-player could maybe also be used if no player exists. The only problem I see is bandwidth if the user keeps downloading the player.
  • antixantix +1 -1
    Strange, the windows and Android players are pretty small but the ios zip is like 156MB.

I didn't know the windows player contained the plugins because when I tried the latest version with native bump the player crashed when I tried to use it. Maybe I'm using it wrong :D

Personally anything that makes a new users experience smoother is the best path. Making people create their own player from scratch as a noob isn't that friendly IMHO.
    Check out my DevBlog, my GitHub, and my games Falling Animals | Breaky Wall | Exetor
  • Hi,

I just found that this problem happen again in this new version and in 2017.9 too.

http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/5494/no-internet-connection-problem-with-ads/p1

when no have internet connection.. AD_FAILED doesnt check the internet connection
  • antixantix +1 -1
    It seems that TextField:setText() isn't clearing it's area correctly before setting new text. as a result it looks like when you set a shorter line than the current one.. it leaves bits left over at the end of the line..

Here is an example that (on my system with 2017.11) replicates the issue without fail :)
    local textLines = {
    "this is a long line",
    "short line here",
    "really short",
    "shortest!",
    "but now this is the longest line",
    "let us retreat once more",
    "and prepare",
    "for reboot",
    }
    local textPosition = 0
    local textCounter = 0

local textField = TextField.new(nil, "")
    textField:setPosition(100, 100)
    textField:setTextColor(0x88bbdd)
    textField:setScale(3)
    stage:addChild(textField)

local function onEnterFrame(e)
    local dt = e.deltaTime

local counter = textCounter - dt -- change text every two seconds
    if counter <= 0 then
    counter = counter + 2
    local position = textPosition + 1
    textField:setText(textLines[position]) -- set new text
    if position == #textLines then position = 0 end -- loop through text lines
    textPosition = position
    end
    textCounter = counter
    end

stage:addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, onEnterFrame)
    Maintainer
    @antix, looks like you spotted a big bug :) Let me fix that for next release.

• antixantix +1 -1
    Awesome, because I re-use use sooo many TextFields. Initially I thought I had made typography errors in my texts but it wasn't the case :D
  • there are many strange looking characters (html code visible as is) in
    http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/gideros/MovieClip#MovieClip
    manual.
  • Hi,

I get a "Whoops, we can't find that page." when I click on download from SoureForge.

When I do a search for Gideros on SourceForge, I only find the project named Longford.
  • Same here, I've sent a message to their support - not heard anything yet.
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    Gideros account on sourceforge seems to have been deleted yesterday evening, without any kind of prior notice. They definitely lost my esteem now. I'll continue uploading releases to github and try to provide a mirror on another server for last release only.
    I didn't keep a copy of 2017.11 binaries though, I won't be able to upload it to github. Unless anyone here still have it ?
    Anyway 2017.11.1 is almost ready...
  • Yan +1 -1
    hgy29 said:

Gideros account on sourceforge seems to have been deleted yesterday evening, without any kind of prior notice. They definitely lost my esteem now. I'll continue uploading releases to github and try to provide a mirror on another server for last release only.
    I didn't keep a copy of 2017.11 binaries though, I won't be able to upload it to github. Unless anyone here still have it ?
    Anyway 2017.11.1 is almost ready...

Prefer GitHub too, very strange they deleted competely free source, maybe they found some code that has conditionary free licence
  • here is a link to latest binaries, it may take some time (~15 mins) until it is uploaded to my dropbox account though:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yizzboiiy3yf92r/Gideros_2017.11.exe?dl=0

@hgy29, you can upload to github too, maybe it is better there (meanwhile).
    Maintainer
    Thanks, I will upload this .exe to github

• i see that the mac installer is still missing, so if anyone has it, please share it with @hgy29.
  • Nothing from SourceForge support - as well as deleting the project, my account has been disabled and it appears @hgy29's has too ! :(

No idea what is going on there.
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    2017.11.1 just released, fixing a few bugs and bringing two enhancements to gideros:
    - an outline pane in gideros studio
    - support for changing color in textfields

Use the same link as in the first post of this thread to download.
  • @hgy29 thank you very much for the release.

• hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    About colors in textfield, I implemented my tagging proposal so tags are introduced by an ESC ascii code (code 27, or '\e') and contains style parameters surrounded by brackets. Style parameters are key value pairs with equal sign between them, or simply key if no value is expected or relevant, and several parameters can go into the same tag.
    Generic format is:
    \e[key=value,key2=value2,key3,etc]

Currently only 'color' is recognized, and expect a value starting with '#' in the form #rgb, #rgba, #rrggbb or #rrggbbaa. Any other value imply using the default text color.

Example:
    Textfield.new(font,"This is a \e[color=#f00]red\e[color] text")
  • the outline pane is a very nice surprise. would it be possible to sort things as they appear in the file?
  • in the outline pane for some reason in my class.lua file functions from main.lua are also visible. when i click on them (in the outline pane) they disappear though.
    Maintainer
    The editor also now has a built-in syntax checker! :)

• @keszegh - click the buttons at the top to stop sorting, etc
  • @SinisterSoft, thanks, i noticed that sorting buttons but did not realize that they are switches and how they behave, stupid me.

the issue with things from other files appearing seems to be a bug though.
  • In this latest version.. when closing a project.. Gideros Studio crashes.

Testing a bit more it seems that if I have just one source file open in the editor it works fine and the project is closed. Closing any project with multiple source files open causes it to crash!
    Maintainer
    Known issue, fixed by @hgy29 in the next update. :)

It should only happen if you open then close too quickly - before the file has been parsed properly and the panel updated.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Top Posters