Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2017.10 released - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2017.10 released

2»

Comments

• YanYan Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, very verbose, but it was useful trash :)
    However I see:
    10-23 17:26:08.464 447-447/? E/lowmemorykiller: Error writing /proc/16745/oom_score_adj; errno=22
    I suspect your device is running about of memory while running gideros.
    Please send me the full log in PM as a zip, I'll have a deeper look.
    Updated my post, is this enough ?
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • YanYan Member
    Heres a full Verbose log, from startintg Gideros Player till Player Closes
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    log.txt 65.2K
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Ok, thats very helpful. I see it crashes in open file function, but I have no idea why, since this code hasn't changed for years. However it looks like your phone is 64 bit and I have absolutely no idea if gideros code contains things that may not work in 64 bit on android.
    Can you try to build a 32 bit player (just export an empty project selecting 'player (no asset)) and try again ?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Just had a closer look at what went wrong: it seems you tried to open more then 20 file descriptors (font file is opened each time you call TTFont.new and there are three preallocated file descriptors: stdin, stdout and stderr).

Doing this you forced gideros to reallocate more file descriptors and this is were it crashed. I don't see anything wrong in the code, but what you tried is rather unusual to me!
  • YanYan Member
    Just had a closer look at what went wrong: it seems you tried to open more then 20 file descriptors (font file is opened each time you call TTFont.new and there are three preallocated file descriptors: stdin, stdout and stderr).

Doing this you forced gideros to reallocate more file descriptors and this is were it crashed. I don't see anything wrong in the code, but what you tried is rather unusual to me!
    Most worst, this code also works fine on previous version. Ill try to build 32 player tomorrow, as u suggested, and we will see is it works. Maybe one reason it works before is that loop was shorter and there was less elements.

Why I do this, is simple - im generating buttons on fly, end each button constructor creates text field with custom font inside of button class. (Assume my own button class), as a parameter i put not TTF class, but just a path string to font, so my code invokes TTF font several times. I can to try refactor this if you tell this not gideros error, but my coding style problem. What do you say on this, whats ur opinion or advice ?
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I think I've found something: libgvfs seems to use 4 bytes alignment for new structures, while it should be 8 on 64 bit systems. See here: https://github.com/gideros/gideros/blob/master/libgvfs/defines.h#L67. I'll try to build a new player with fix and send it you.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Well I've no problem with your coding style, Gideros shouldn't crash anyway, but yes what you're doing isn't very efficient, it would be better if you could share your TTFont across multiple TextField, because otherwise the font will be created and rendered multiples times in memory, wasting memory and performance.
  • YanYan Member
    I think I've found something: libgvfs seems to use 4 bytes alignment for new structures, while it should be 8 on 64 bit systems. See here: https://github.com/gideros/gideros/blob/master/libgvfs/defines.h#L67. I'll try to build a new player with fix and send it you.
    Ure, awesome ! Thank you, ill be waiting. And ofcourse we should to include this to build.

Been happy to be a kind of tester
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • YanYan Member
    Well I've no problem with your coding style, Gideros shouldn't crash anyway, but yes what you're doing isn't very efficient, it would be better if you could share your TTFont across multiple TextField, because otherwise the font will be created and rendered multiples times in memory, wasting memory and performance.
    Already checked my code to find a way to make this more efficient, thanks for advice again !
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • I think I've found something: libgvfs seems to use 4 bytes alignment for new structures, while it should be 8 on 64 bit systems. See here: https://github.com/gideros/gideros/blob/master/libgvfs/defines.h#L67. I'll try to build a new player with fix and send it you.
    What kinds of api will affect by this issue?
    will it effect app on mobile devices?

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    It will affect all calls that would end up in opening files above the 17th file opened on most 64 bit systems.
  • EricCarrEricCarr Member
    edited October 2017
    Can't wait to try the new TextField! The current popular "pure lua" version has always had some bugs that's bothered me, causing me to add extra spaces at the end in some cases for wrapping.