Quick Links: Gideros Home | Download Gideros | Developer Guide
Gideros 2017.9 Released...
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft +1 -1 (+6 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    Hi Giderians,

We are proud to announce the official release of Gideros version 2017.9.
    As always you can download it here: http://giderosmobile.com/download

So what has been put in this new version, you may wonder...

New features
    Consistent random number generator (Core.random()/Core.randomSeed())
    Automatic multi texture glyph caching for TTFont (by specifying an empty cache text)
    Multi file TTFonts

Enhancements
    Various plugin updates and enhencements (gaming, flurry, iab)

Fixes
    Fix multitouch handling on player/desktop
    Use a full sized canvas on WinRT
    Fix plugins compatibility for AppleTV
  • Thank you.

Have you tried compiling ios with iOS 11 SDK. Because I am getting some errors and crashes while app is runnings.(Bad access crashes).

thanks.
  • mertocanmertocan +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    In my project "Other Linker Flags" were set to -ObjC, it is required for appodeal. However, this causes some crashes on Gideros. I removed it now I dont get any crash.

• zoolaxzoolax +1 -1

Solved:

Downloaded the latest, I get this error on iPhone.
    module 'lfs' not found:
    no field package.preload['lfs']
    since in one of my scenes:
    require("lfs")

Oops, I had to add them to my plugins folder inside Xcode.
    www.zoolax.com
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    Or better, add it to your plugins folder in gideros studio ;)
  • zoolaxzoolax +1 -1
    hgy29 said:

Or better, add it to your plugins folder in gideros studio ;)

It dose not let me to add the standard plugins, it opens up the location, when I highlight the plugin(lfs), and then ok, it dose not add it.Or maybe I do not know how to exactly do it.
    There is no folder for ios under lfs plugin folder.
    www.zoolax.com
  • Hello. I know your site through google and I have registered. I am very happy to be acquainted with you. I have some very interesting games that will help you to relieve stress after hours or study tired. In addition, brain training for you. Please visit to try it.

flip diving
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    @zoolax, since Gideros 2017.8 plugins can be added to the project directly in the project tree: right click on 'Plugins' below your project name and select 'add plugin'. From there you should be able to choose 'LuaFileSystem' plugin and add it to your project.
    Gideros will then add LFS to your iOS project on export automatically.

Is this what you are doing already ?
  • Yan +1 -1
    Gideros 2017.9, Player.exe crashes after I attempt to close player window on Windows. Any clues ? Same on Win 10 and Win 7 machines.
    c5b2016f7aa606bdebf0336c7656eb.png
    977 x 632 - 78K
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    Doesn't happen here, but it may be related to the code you previously ran. Can you come hope with a code that triggers it ?
  • PaulH +1 -1
    I just installed 2017.9. On the Player on Windows the TextFields using TTFs have become blurry, similar to how they looked on WinRT if the fonts were created before the initial window sizing took effect. I don't know yet if this only effects the Player, but right now small text is almost unreadable. I didn't see this on 2017.8.2. Any ideas?

Paul
  • PaulH +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    I've figured it out. In the Settings dialog for the player, on the Configurations tab, the resolution was set to 320x480. Changing that to the resolution of the monitor where I run the Player brought back the crisp text.

• Yan +1 -1
    hgy29 said:

Doesn't happen here, but it may be related to the code you previously ran. Can you come hope with a code that triggers it ?

Well, I found a gem.
    local bgimage 	= Pixel.new(Texture.new("app/gfx/bg.jpg"))

If I try to load (big) image as Pixel, instead Bitmap, Player gives error after closing
  • Guys, My prior version of Gideros, in the export dialog, had "choose plugins to export". I just installed the new one. No such button". How can I include plugins now(easily)?

Never Mind! I see that they are now part of the project! Very Nice!!!
  • I am getting "Fatal Exception: com.giderosmobile.android.player.LuaException: Invalid font size." crash report. But it doesnt happen on every sessions. Randomly, it crashes the app even if the font size is valid.
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    Yan said:

Well, I found a gem.
    If I try to load (big) image as Pixel, instead Bitmap, Player gives error after closing

Nice catch @Yan, Pixel wasn't freeing textures leading to memory leak and crash on QT exit. I fixed it for next release.

• Yan +1 -1
    hgy29 said:

Yan said:

Well, I found a gem.

Nice catch @Yan, Pixel wasn't freeing textures leading to memory leak and crash on QT exit. I fixed it for next release.

Nice ! Might it be a reason of memory leak if I use Pixel also to show particle with a smaller 15x15 pixels sprite ?
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    Impact is quite minimal if you reuse the same texture files, because gideros caches them anyhow, so not sure if this would be a reason in your case.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Top Posters