Quick Links: Gideros Home | Download Gideros | Developer Guide
Gideros 2017.8 released
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+18 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    Hi Giderians,

We are proud to announce the official release of Gideros version 2017.8.
    As always you can download it here: http://giderosmobile.com/download

So what has been put in this new version, you may wonder...

New features
    Native port of bump.lua as a plugin
    Multi screen/window support (QT only for now)
    Integrated lua profiler support (see Core.profiler* functions)
    StoreReview plugin for iOS now bundled with gideros (Thanks @mertocan)
    Text To Speech plugin for iOS and Android (Thanks Nathan and Simon!)

Enhancements
    Plugins now appear in the project tree in studio and are selectable/configurable from there
    Camera plugin now work on QT (player and desktop exports)
    Reduce memory footprint of HTML5 export during load phase
    Gaming plugin now checks and reports license validity (Thanks @SinisterSoft)
    Key prompts (during APK signing) cached at studio side for session lifetime
    Ads/Vungle auto integration and update for Android and iOS

Fixes
    WinRT Desktop handling of HiDPI screen fixed
    Desktop export for MacOS now correctly signs the packages for app store submission

There are a few gems hidden in the a list, I'll post something about the new integrated profiler and how it can save your life :)

Enjoy!
  • keszegh +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    and special thanks to @hgy29, who added camera plugin and multi window support for desktop targets. although he may have planned to add these sometime, i told him that i need it for a project as fast as possible and so he did them on a short notice (and as usual encountering unexpected problems, which made him spend quite a lot of time on them, i believe).

try these features, they are pretty cool. the camera plugin can make it also simpler to test your camera-enabled mobile apps on a desktop player.

at the beginning it seemed i will need to do my project in processing, but i did not like to work with it for multiple reasons and it's so much more fun to be able to do it finally in gideros thanks to these new features.
  • remark:
    on the page http://giderosmobile.com/download
    many earlier github releases are missing from the list.
  • talistalis +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Guru
    Really interesting new features. Thanks for all the great people who contributed for this release. And one more time thanks @hgy29 .

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    re: the licence check - you should add something like this:
    gaming:addEventListener(Event.LOGIN_ERROR,function(e)
    print("gaming LOGIN_ERROR:"..e.error)
    if e.error=="No license." then [ this is a pirate copy ! ]

You will get the message when you do the gaming:login()
    (if it's an illegal copy).

To turn on the check at google's side of things:

Go to the google play console.
    Click Game Services, pick your game.
    Click 'Linked Apps' (on the menu on the left).
    Click the name of your game in the list - or add it if it's not there.
    You will see a load of app details, like 'turn based multiplayer', etc...
    Find 'Anti-piracy', click it to On.

• antixantix +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    @SinisterSoft thanks for that. I was going to ask if there was an example of this :)

Check out my DevBlog, my GitHub, and my games Falling Animals | Breaky Wall | Exetor
  • @hgy29, the camera (or any other) plugin is not automatically part of the android player? we need to export our own players with selected plugins and an empty project?

btw it's really nice that plugins are now in the project tree.
  • jdbcjdbc +1 -1
    How can I use Bump plugin? It is not included in the Gideros reference documentation.

I guess you could also remove Core profiling from "in development" in the reference documentation. :-)
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    @keszegh, yes you need to export your own player. No need for an empty project though, just export with 'Player option', that way you can use the project you're working on as reference.

@jdbc: native bump has the exact same API as the lua one (https://github.com/kikito/bump.lua). Just require 'cbump' instead of 'bump'

• stetso +1 -1
    Wow, great update! Thanks a lot to everyone involved!
  • keszegh +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    cbump, media, screen etc should be added to the reference, at least in a rudimentary way, so we notice that it needs to be improved and then we do it (now that the reference is on github).

• pie +1 -1
    [edit: wrong post place]
  • antixantix +1 -1
    I think it would suffice to point the user to the official bump documentation as that is pretty good.
    Check out my DevBlog, my GitHub, and my games Falling Animals | Breaky Wall | Exetor
  • Hi,

Thanks for new upgrade... Im having a posible bug, when I load my project and launch on a emulator, if my code have something wrong, it appears on output... the name of file.lua that contains the error and line and a little description of the problem... In previus versions if you click on the line gideros shows the where the error is and you fastly positioned on the bug. In new version appers a window say "acces denied "nameproject":
    maybe the new organization of the project in files folder has changed the path of the files internally?

thanks in advance... and thanks a lot for new version.

• hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    Hi @theone10, was it really with gideros studio ? I don't think a click in the output pane allows to navigate to source code in Studio.
  • Hi @hgy29 yes i only use gideros studio to work. When you have a Code lua error, in output gideros shows the file and line where the error code is ( for example "main:82 blablabla". If you click on It, gideros shows this file and line on editor. In New version just appear a warning window saying cant acceded to the file.
  • i also noticed the 'can't access file' problem.
  • Yes, I have also noticed it.
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    Okay, now I see it. I learned something today!
    Let me fix this.

• hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+5 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    2017.8.1 bugfix release just published, fixing everything reported in this thread so far.
  • Cool @hgy29 thanks a lot
  • i have noticed that when i export a texture from texturepacker then the file added last is added to the png but it is not added to the txt file. i don't know if it is a bug in the newest version or it is some problem only with my setup, in any case please help me.
  • Do we still need iAd plugin bundled? iAd was closed.
  • pie +1 -1
    @keszegh I bought codeAndWeb texturepacker and it speeds up the job a lot. I think that you could also use the free version, but there may be some limitations.
    I already have the impression that it has repaid itself, even if I never earned money through it, the saved time is unvaluable. :)
  • @pie, thanks for the tip, actually for my needs gideros texturepacker is perfect, just this bug is annoying.
  • pie +1 -1
    @keszegh I understand, however as a workaround: you should still be able to use a previous release of gideros texturepacker ;)
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    @keszegh, TexturePacker seems to work fine here, every image in the texture is listed in the .txt
  • @keszegh if you pm me with a zip of the textures I'll try make a pack here and see if I have the same issue (with those specific textures)?
  • Great to see plugins in the project tree in studio! Now, when doing "Insert Into Document" on a file, say image.png in root then "Files/image.png" is inserted in the code. I suppose the Files/ part shouldn't be inserted?
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    yeah, a side effect of changing project hierarchy. I will fix this.

• @keszegh if you pm me with a zip of the textures I'll try make a pack here and see if I have the same issue (with those specific textures)?

thanks for the offer, i will send you something whenever i get the time.

• hgy29hgy29 +1 -1 (+8 / -0 )
    Maintainer
    2017.8.2 published, fixing more bugs reported here.
  • Looks like a great update! I'm having an issue win WinRT, though:

The VS project file exported from Gideros seems to be lacking any reference to the Plugins folder. The app I'm trying to build for the Windows Store quits when it fails to load the lfs library. Am I missing something, or is this an issue in the latest Gideros version?
  • hgy29hgy29 +1 -1
    Maintainer
    Hi @PaulH, last I tried it was ok (2017.8.1) and nothing changed in 2017.8.2 for WinRT. I'll try anyway but did you actually add the plugin you need in your project tree ?
  • Maybe I'm missing something really basic. I've looked around for any place to specify what plugins to include. How and where do I add the plugin? The only plugin I need for the build in question in LFS. I see that the Plugins folder is included in the giderosgame.Shared folder in the WinRT solution, but evidently not linking.
  • PaulH +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Yep, I was missing something that should have been obvious - the Plugins folder that was added since I last updated Gideros. I've added Lua File System in that folder. Testing now... Bingo... Seems to be working again. Thank you!

• It's a lot better now though that the plugins are right there in the project. :)
  • PaulH +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Yes, that's a fantastic improvement!
  • totebototebo +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Yeah, the latest Gideros is amazing.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • Nice, just moved and got back upto date with everything, Will donate again very soon!
  • keszegh +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    thanks for v. 2017.8.3, it fixes some important things.

• Yan +1 -1
    Gideros over 2017.8, sometimes Player.exe crashes after I stop running program on Windows. Any clues ?
    Снимок.PNG
    977 x 632 - 78K
  • Yan +1 -1

Does 2017.9 also do this?

Yep, I took screenshot from last version. It does not falls accidently, but after I click close button. Disturbs not much, but still.

Bug found on two different Win 7 x64 and Win 10 x64 machines.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Top Posters