Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
mp3 encryption — Gideros Forum

mp3 encryption

saeyssaeys Member
edited March 2017 in General questions
I understood from a recent thread that mp3 files need to be plain (not encrypted) for Android export in order to work on that platform. Does that apply to iOS export as well?

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    It used to apply to all versions, but it has changed in 2017.3. In the latter, only Android export leaves mp3 unencrypted
  • saeyssaeys Member
    edited March 2017
    When exporting my app to iOS, it seems like the encrypted mp3s makes the app crash (or in some rare cases the app doesn't play the mp3). If not encrypted, all works fine.

xcode says:
    Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'Lua', reason: 'sounds/landing.mp3: Sound format is not recognized.'
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Thanks for reporting this, I didn't now mp3 should stay unencrypted for iOS too (I didn't find the relevant code in gideros sources). Meanwhile you can ask gideros studio to not encrypt your mp3 files specifically, by right-clicking on them and ticking the appropriate menu item.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • saeyssaeys Member
    edited March 2017
    Don't know if this is of any help for you guys when debugging, and maybe there's nothing to do about it, but... When reproducing the error on another app of mine (basically the same app but in another language) xcode says this instead of the previous message:
    *** Terminating app du to uncaught exception "NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 
    '-[EAGLView reportLuaError:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1100c03610'
    As before, all works fine when the mp3s are set to Never encrypt.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    If this was after a full export, then something is wrong. Could it be happening after an 'asset only' export by any chance ?
  • saeyssaeys Member
    Yep, both exports were an 'asset only' export.