Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Bunnymark improvements — Gideros Forum

Bunnymark improvements

stetsostetso Member
edited February 2017 in Code snippets
Hi Gideroseans,

I am still learning a lot about Gideros and wondered about best practices on performance. One thing that came to my mind is how to efficiently draw an (ridiculous) amount of stuff to the screen to I tried to port the infamous Bunnymark from Pixi.js.

However, I was not very successful because framerate drops quickly after approximately 3000 bunnies so I would like to ask you experts what could be improved in the code to make it more efficient. Hopefully, this will help me understand more about how Gideros works (for example I am not sure how draw batching works in Gideros, is it automatic? or can it be enabled somehow? Maybe there are better alternatives to Pixel? Maybe my Lua is just plain bad? Lots of things come to mind...) So I would be grateful for some tips!

And as a related question: how do you usually profile your code in Gideros? Any Tips or libraries in this direction?

Thanks a lot for your time! [-O<

EDIT: This is probably overkill and also completely unnecessary for real-world usage, but I wonder if we can go near there: http://www.themozokteam.com/playground/frameworkstest/
O:-)
...just for comparison. Also I am on a MacBook, so these things are far away anyway, but I am curious...
zip
zip
gideros_bunnymark.zip

Comments