Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Issue with path2d — Gideros Forum

Issue with path2d

simwhisimwhi Member
edited February 2017 in General questions
Hi all,

I've come across this issue with path2d while testing an update to our game:

Samsung A9Pro / Huawei P8 Lite

Any ideas?
Screenshot_20170205-150933.png
1920 x 1080 - 630K
20170205_143253.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• NatWobbleNatWobble Member
    edited February 2017
    Just to add to Simon's post above, we've tested the game on a Samsung A9 and a Samsung J7, both running Android 6, an old Sony Xperia running 4.1.2, an iPad air 2 and an iPhone 5 on ios 10.2. All are fine. It's just an issue on the Huawei running Android 5.1.

You can see the orange cloud shapes have artifacts around the vertices in the picture on right hand side. Each cloud is formed from one path2D instance (they are not composite shapes).

Could this be a Path2D lib or an OpenGL issue?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited February 2017
    Looks like a shader precision stuff to me: shader's float values can be of low precision, medium precision, or high precision, but whatever that means in OpenGL GPU can choose to use a better precision than what the shader asks, so maybe Gideros asks for medium precision in a place where it should require high precision. I'll have a look...

EDIT: about precision and devices: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4414041/what-is-the-precision-of-highp-floats-in-glsl-es-2-0-for-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook