Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Memory — Gideros Forum

Memory

tytadastytadas Member
edited February 2017 in General questions
Hello everyone, I'm after few weeks break and will be starting new project.

I'm planning to make a game which will have 5 planets. Every planet will have 1000 subplanets(levels). So I would need to create like 10000 .lua files. Will this affect my game speed a lot or just a little bit? If yes, any ways to fix it?
(Of course It will, dumb question):D

Thanks

Comments

• talistalis Guru
    edited February 2017
    Just some questions and ideas . Maybe can be useful.
    -Is there any relationships between levels ? If there is and between levels only some parameters are different, can they be auto generated from one class?

-If your levels can not be auto generated because of level design or some other game mechanic maybe you can again use one lua class with hand written configuration data, which your lua class will feed on. So in this case you will have not 10000.lua files 10000 configuration files which contains data of the level.

-Your levels can be downloaded from internet part by part with extension files whenever user will reach some level in the game. (Of course in this case what is the limitation about apple and android guidelines i have no idea)
  • First of all; ambitious! I'd try to encourage you to start with an aim of 50 levels or so, and prove that the concept works, before going all in.

That said, 5,000 lua files describing each level shouldn't be a technical issue. More so a massive undertaking, if each level is manually put together.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • Thanks for the response guys.

@talis Nahh I don't that that would work, my situation is a bit different. I need like a pack from Gideros Mobile Game Development Book(you should know that), but instead, my levels will be displayed different and every pack level will have progress. So I can't use one lua class..

@totebo Yea great notice. Should reach like 50 at the beggining.