Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Warnings when compiling in xcode — Gideros Forum

Warnings when compiling in xcode

saeyssaeys Member
edited October 2016 in General questions
Yo!
When archiving/building/running my xcode project I get a lot of warnings (but no errors) during buildtime - 36 to be exact this time. They all seem to be related to lua and/or gideros. They are categorized as

Deprecations
Semantic Issue
Unused Entity Issue - unused variables and functions
Value Conversion Issue - "Implicit conversion loses integer precision ..."
Asset Catalog Compiler Warning - issues about Apple TV icons that I don't use anyway
Unsupported Configuration - exact same issues as the above line

Should I just ignore these warnings? My app is working fine when run.
They're a bit of a thorn in my eye when compiling, and I could comment the lines out, but I have no idea if that can cause other problems...

Comments

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    Ignore them, DON'T comment them out. :)

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I hear you @saeys, I felt the same. Now, when I've messed around with XCode a lot, I realise there is no way to permanently get rid of all the warnings. If you were to bring everything up to date, all it takes is one update from Apple and you're back to square one.

So, as @sinistersoft says, warnings are ofime to be ignored. Errors, not so much.

My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook