Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Affinity Designer — Gideros Forum

Affinity Designer

simwhisimwhi Member
edited September 2016 in Game & application design
Hey guys,

I've been playing around with Affinity Designer by Serif for the past few days. It's pretty amazing, and it's just come out in open beta for Windows. So, it's FREE at the moment! I highly recommend that you try it out. I'm going to use it as my main graphics design app in the future. It's a bit buggy in places, but it's very powerful. It's crashed a few times, but it managed to recover the files. Make sure you save often!! I'd be interested in your thoughts / opinions.

I've been using Inkscape for many years. However, the development lifecycle is very slow and the features are lagging behind. As an alternative, Affinity Designer combines vector and pixel drawing into one app. The export features are pretty cool, too. Oh, and the paid version will be about $50.

Here's a link to sign up.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/windows/

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• I tried it back when it was Beta on OSX. Very good app but the lack of a decent grid feature was kinda showstopper for me.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited September 2016
    @MikeHart The grid feature and snapping in the Windows beta is very powerful. There are many options to play with.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Looks great and quite advanced. I'm on Mac and tend to use Sketch 3. It's really simple, but has some core features that are really useful; exporting one or more objects to multiple resolutions with one click (great for app icons and textures), symbols (easy to create patterns).

Also others thing you'd expect, including pixel perfect viewing, vector editing tools, advanced text editing, drop shadows, pattern fills, blur and more.

Sounded like a sales pitch there, but it's just my experience. It doesn't do pixel level bitmap editing, so I still use Photoshop for that.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com