Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
JetSplat Html out — Gideros Forum

JetSplat Html out

Hello, I've uploaded the html export of my game to my site http://jetsplat.com
It take a loooong time to load, at least relative to the mobile version. I guess there's no way around that but would love to know if there are any tips or tricks to reduce the loading time.

Mostly hoping for feedback though, mainly concerned about performance on the html version, it runs ok on my laptop but might not be so great on lowish spec machines, but any feedback would be great.

I'll be doing the android and ios soon, there basically ready just hoping to figure a way to market it.

Thanks and hope you like it.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Nice game you have there. It ran well on my old Athlon X2 550 with an ATI Radeon HD 4200 card.
    Didn't took to long to load either but I have 100 mbit download speed.
    Which resolution does the canvas have? Because of the scaling, some graphics looked rough around the edges. And you can notice that the UI is build for a mobile version.
  • Yeh the resolution is a bit low. I had a @2x set of textures that i removed to try and reduce the file size, but maybe should have removed the smaller scale variant.

Im thinking maybe just have a level or two in a demo and just link to the ios and android versions.
    Thanks for the feedback :)
  • antixantix Member
    @billydb, very nice graphics. do you render those yourself?

If I have any suggestions I would say the credits screen needs a bit of love :)
  • NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi @billydb

I really like your game. The mechanics and graphics are nice, and the game performs well on my ...

- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
    - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I have come across a weird thing in Safari tho. When I load the game, 'Goggles' is selected as the default. When I play the first level, everything is fine, but on the second, the googles+jetpack travel separately from the character and the character eventually 'snaps into position' and catches up.

On Chrome, you play in the normal default mode and after finishing level two, 'Goggles' is enabled (I think this is how it's supposed to work.

Also, there is no sound on Safari.

Please let me know if I you need me to do more tests :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Thanks guys. Not sure why the tomatoe gets stuck, maybe an ipdate issue with box2d. No sound is even more disturbing. Think ill have to try on friends and family machines. Youre supposed to start with no goggles and unlock different modes by collecting stars.

@antix thanks i did them myself, im an animator in mobile games in my dayjob so coding is a bit of a new thing for me:) and yes the credits screen i didnt spend a huge amount of time on :)
  • antixantix Member
    @billydc nice, do you use Blender? or something else?
  • No it's all 2d. Just photoshop and a bit of flash for the flames and splashes etc
  • Oh sorry yes I did some in 3d, the coins and refuel tank. Man I need more coffee. I think it was Maya but I did switch from 3ds max a while back and given how long ago I did those it's hard to say :)
  • Now that I think about it there is almost 0 consistency in the art style. I focused so much on getting the code working I spent almost no time thinking about the art direction and in theory I'm an artist :)

• antixantix Member
    @billydb thanks. I think I'm going to have to take a wee break from coding soon and take a crash course in Blender.