Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Loader splash graphic... — Gideros Forum

Loader splash graphic...

SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
edited July 2016 in Code snippets
Here is an example of the attached Gideros image on a loader (using fake threads) - see the bottom-right as the game loads. If we all do a little something like this then Gideros will get more well known.

gideros.png
640 x 213 - 43K

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
https://deluxepixel.com
+1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• antixantix Member
    Maybe a page somewhere that community members can download the different Gideros Splash Screen type projects that other community members have created would be good.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • totebototebo Member
    Great idea. It would be good for all sorts of things, not just splash screens. A code base for extensions, code examples and classes. Github?
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • Nice loader. +1 for share if you dont mind of course and i am curious how you made text filled half with color?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    possibly the logo has a black background so you don;t see the red anywhere but inside the logo.

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    I have the name cut out of a black image. :)

I first put a white 'pixel sprite' down underneath that's width/height is set to the width/height of the .

Then I put a red pixel down that's width/height is also set to the width/height of the image.

Then I set the scaleX of the red pixel sprite to 0.

I add the image with the cut out text.

I then setup an enter frame event so that the scalex of the red pixel is between 0 and 1 depending on how far along the load process is - like a percentage.

I then set of the fake thread to load the data and the main lua code runs out of code so the fake thread starts.

At the end of the fake thread I Core.yield(0.2) to wait 0.2 seconds before I set off the main game - so that you have time to see the red fully move across the text.

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ohhhk cool trick