Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Widget Candy - Dropdown menus? — Gideros Forum

Widget Candy - Dropdown menus?

bigtunacanbigtunacan Member
edited May 2016 in General questions
I'm using Widget Candy extensively in my current app for my menu systems and would really like to do a drop down menu. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this or an extension to Widget Candy for dropdowns? It appears to not be supported as far as I can tell.

Comments

• talistalis Guru
    edited May 2016
    Yeah i own widget candy and used in couple of times in my projects. One more time i looked to its Api and no drop down.
    If you want to continue using Widget Candy i can suggest this way. (Not tried just an idea)

-Create a .NewWindow()
    -And add your items (drop down items) as buttons to the window.
    -By default set your window height to min level that the user only will see the caption.
    -There is a listener for window object on press. When pressed made the window expand and let the user will see the buttons. And on press of any button inside the window make a delay and make the window again min height .

As i wrote totally experimental thoughts :) Maybe even you can combine easing library to change the height of the window so it can be like an animation . :-?

Note: More than 8-9 months no news and answer form the developers of Candy tools. If you can reach them please let us know about it, a feedback will be really great.
  • antixantix Member
    The suggestion from @talis is pretty good. Will your menus be simple dropdown menus or will they have like subitems and stuff?

Forget any support from Widget Candy creators, their email address is pretty much a black hole :(

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @talis,

I agree this may be the way to go. I had considered something similar of having a button; you press the button and then add a multi-list, but what you have suggested would be a little nicer. I was just hoping maybe I was wrong and there is some undocumented dropdown (since they are such a standard UI component) or I was just missing it. Thanks for the feedback.

@antix,

Agreed, Widget Candy gives zero support. I'm using it very heavily; the current app that I'm working on is an educational app rather than a game so 90% of it is just scenes and GUI. I just bang my head and go through the API docs or look at the examples code.

I never bother to email anymore since I have never once received a response. On occasion I post here (like this time) since I'm more likely to get an answer from a peer.

It's too bad; Widget Candy is pretty decent and the docs are also pretty good. Wish they had provided better support and continued with some updates to make it a better tool.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talistalis Guru
    edited May 2016

Forget any support from Widget Candy creators, their email address is pretty much a black hole :(
    I think the developers are dealing with other kind of projects already and abandoned Candy tools. Kinda sad because they were really handy. As for myself the tools are pretty stable, have some bugs but seems like minor ones. I totally agree on the part about black hole .
    As you may know new researches shows that some information can go out from black holes but not from Candy tools .

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook