Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
box2d help — Gideros Forum

box2d help

neverjoyneverjoy Member
edited May 2016 in General questions
Hello guys,

I am planning to make a game where you have sand powers and beat the crap out of a stick figure for stress relieving.

Now i want these bunch of sand particles to follow your finger in touch move event. Like iron sand following through a magnet over a cardboard.

These bunch of sand can make contact with the stickman depending in the pattern of touch move - and apply damage physics (stickman being thrown away on impact etc) if necessary.

Is this too much ambitious or is it possible?
I know these have to be dealt with box 2d but i dpnt have much experience wiyh it but i am willing to learn.

If this is possible please lay down some points for me to follow through.. Good day thanks for the time.

Comments

• antixantix Member
    Accepted Answer
    It seems totally possible to me. So when you touch the screen, sand particles gravitate towards the touch point right? But how do the sand particles appear? Are they going to be just a set number of particles placed randomly on screen when the game starts?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talistalis Guru
    edited May 2016
    @antix it reminds me of anime character gara from naruto :D
    ( http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/b/bd/Gaara.jpg )

Once there was a conversation of liquidfun addition to box2d . What happened to it, is it implemented? I lost track of it really when i gave a little break to Gideros because of business. Maybe @john26 or @ar2rsawseen can tell?

But without any addition like liquidfun it can be also implemented i guess. Your needs not seems so complicated.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • piepie Member
    edited May 2016 Accepted Answer
    @neverjoy I think it's possible to do it with gideros: as @talis said I'd look into liquidfun library, I believe that its implementation is (at least almost) complete: the gideros example that you can find in the "examples tab" at startup (last tab, particle system) uses box2d.

This could be useful too:
    http://appcodingeasy.com/Gideros-Mobile/Gideros--Box2d-magnets

I think that if you manage to merge the two projects you will be 1/4 of the way :)

Another option could be to draw the sand with a particle effect and use box2d only to throw the stickman around

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    edited May 2016 Accepted Answer
    @talis, yep I can totally see that :)

Some good suggestins here for you @neverjoy. Also check out the collision filter example project. You will want your sand particles to not collide with eachother, instead they will collide only with the walls (edges of screen) and the ragdoll.

• sorry for coming in late, thanks guys, your inputs was indeed enlightening. this are really the points i am after. i will look into what you guys suggested, and time to make my hands dirty.