Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Found this article on slant. — Gideros Forum

Found this article on slant.

simwhisimwhi Member
edited April 2016 in General questions
Hi,

I came across this article today. I logged in via my Facebook account and gave it a full thumbs up. Maybe others can do the same. I think we could add a few more PROS and clarify the CONS too.

http://www.slant.co/topics/341/~2d-game-engines

Comments

• This slant topic was one of my most important sources of information while choosing a game engine. I dropped so much frameworks at first (so did I with Gideros :(( ) because of negative comments only to find out that this was a huge mistake.

The Pros and Cons have their right to exist but are not accurate enough for describing a whole full featured peace of software in one sentence plus a little explanation. It makes me sad to read "CON Java dependency" on libGDX, which could be an ultimate PRO if you are familiar with the language. Or the "CON community seems juvenile" on Löve because this is just nonsense. Or the "CON Self-designed scripting language" on Godot which is stated as CON and(!) PRO but the PRO-side can't be seen at first. Ooooor last but not least the "CON Few Resources" on Gideros which is true at some stance but if I compare these few resources with the amount of much outdated and badly written resources I have seen at the so called "Well documented stuff" - I come to the conclusion, that this is subjective in such a way that it shouldn't be on the list.

Sorry for my digression. L-)
    I just wanted to say, that the suggestion is great and we really should comment and vote there!

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    If I had seen that list when I was evaluating frameworks it's possible that I wouldn't have ended up using Gideros. I'm rather glad I didn't, Gideros is super fast and only slightly annoying sometimes :))

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited April 2016
    @rolfpancake @antix We also spend a considerable amount of time with other frameworks and engines before using Gideros. Slant is a good resource for comparing the various engines available. However, I think the wording for each pro/con could be improved. First impressions are very important in my opinion.

For example, the first PRO is:-
    Gideros provides a Gideros player, using which you will be able to instantly with single 
    click try out your latest code on your device from your computer.
    A quick edit:
    Gideros provides on device players for iOS and Android*<del></del>  that can be used to instantly
     try out your latest code directly from the Gideros IDE.
    * I haven't used any other device players yet.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook