Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
error installing gideros player on android device — Gideros Forum

error installing gideros player on android device

konstantinkonstantin Member
edited October 2011 in Bugs and issues
I use command line, do not have Eclipse, as the documentation suggests, sorry (
is my device's IP address):
d:\gideros>adb connect 192.168.56.101
connected to 192.168.56.101:5555

d:\gideros>adb install GiderosAndroidPlayer.apk
3003 KB/s (2026528 bytes in 0.659s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/GiderosAndroidPlayer.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    Hi konstantin,

Can you tell me the model of your android device and android version?

Related to your previous question, we also build GiderosAndroidPlayer.apk with build.xml + ant debug. There shouldn't be problem with building with ant. I'll test more.
  • I have no physical device. I use android-x86 on virtualbox. android version is 2.2.1.
    The dynamic libraries (.so files) are compiled only for ARM (ARMv6 and ARMv7) architecture and we don't support for x86 (and most probably we never will).
  • thanks. I was able to deploy the player on to the emulator that comes with the official android sdk (sorry, I have no real device yet), and when I start the player, the emulator's screen goes bank for a while, and then the emulator returns to the main screen as if the app has finished. Does the player not work with the emulator either? I have Android 4.1 on the emulator.
    Up to now, we haven't try to run Gideros Player on emulator and I know that the OpenGL support of emulator is very poor. It's recommended that if you develop OpenGL applications, you should test it on a real device.

After your post, I installed the player to the emulator with Android 2.2 and player opened without a problem. But I couldn't make a network connection to it. After that I exported a sample project (Bird Animation) as an eclipse project and deployed it to the emulator. It run but with 2-3 fps :)

Unfortunately, you need a real device to test and see your application. Other alternatives are not very suitable.