Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
application:setDeviceOrientation(..) — Gideros Forum

application:setDeviceOrientation(..)

keszeghkeszegh Member
edited September 2017 in General questions
i think we should have one of these.
namely a function that would change the orientation of the app from the device point of view too, meaning that this would change where the statusbar is located. there are many topics about orientation setting, but i think this is not possible so far and would be practical.

what do you think overall?
should i add an issue to add application:setDeviceOrientation(..)?

some further remarks:

setting in android manifest orientation as 'sensor' is not good enough for me as i would like to provide a button where the user can change between landscape and portrait mode. now i have this but it's slightly stupid that when my app is in landscape mode the statusbar is on the right and not at the bottom. i understand that with immersive mode in newer androids this is less apparent, but still.

also on windows export, i guess if it's a metro app then my app should behave like on android with respect to orientations, but when it's a windowed app then setting orientation to 'phone' should not change anything perhaps. for that we should have different getDeviceInfo for windows rt app, windows metro app and normal windows app? (i have only the latter but i guess they are not yet differentiated)