Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
SQLite error with WP export — Gideros Forum

SQLite error with WP export

unlyingunlying Guru
edited September 2015 in General questions
I receive an error MSB3774: Couldn't find SDK "SQLite.WP81, Version=3.8.10.2
But extension SQLite for Windows Phone 8.1 installed
Image 2.png
2805 x 1415 - 206K

Comments

• Hate to be a "me too" poster, but I've been trying to work through the same issue. The exported project (*.vcxproj) looks for version 3.8.10.2. I'm using Visual Studio Community 2015, and used the extension manager to install SQLite, but that installed version 3.8.11.1. I tried editing the vcxproj files to use that version, and that prevented the SQLite link error, but then it shows many unresolved externals for what appear to be a bunch of core Gideros functions:

1>winrt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gdr_mouseDown
    1>winrt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gdr_touchCancel
    1>winrt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gdr_touchBegin
    1>winrt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gdr_drawFrame
    1>winrt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gdr_keyUp
    1>winrt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gdr_mouseMove
    (many more...)

Has anyone been successful building a WinRT app with the current Gideros? If so, with what version of Visual Studio? Did you need to modify the project or solution?

Paul

• john26john26 Maintainer
    Sorry for this problem. As you say, @PaulH it's due to it expecting a different version of SQLite. You should be able to resolve this by altering the project properties.

In Solution Explorer right click on the Windows Phone project and choose "Properties". This will open the Property Pages dialog. Expand Common Properties (on the left) and click on References.

Now you should remove the reference to the bad/old SQLite and add a new reference to the one you have installed. Use the "Remove" button then "Add New Reference". Then it should compile ok.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
    edited February 2017
    @john26

I've just got a new Windows machine and setup Visual Studio Community 2015.

I loaded and older windows phone gideros project I built all OK with VS 2013 and recall this problem with SQLite reference setup.

In VS 2015 I can't seem to find the Reference property though, seems like it's not there in this version of VS but it is in VS 2013.

I used the extension manager in VS 2015 to add SQLite but on compile the project still complains... Couldn't find SDK "SQLite.WP81 etc.

I guess the extension manager has downloaded a different version from what the older project expects.

Any ideas?
  • I tried exporting a Windows Phone app with latest Gideros and then compiling in Visual Studio 2015 but I get the same error except it's now for a higher version of SQLite...

Error MSB3774 Could not find SDK "SQLite.WP81, Version=3.9.2".

How can I fix this as I used VS 2015's Extension manager to get version 3.17.0 and can't seem to change it either way to make the code work/compile once again.