Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Update 2015.09 — Gideros Forum

Gideros Update 2015.09

ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
edited September 2015 in General questions
Fixes
Fixed using Matrix in Shapes (View)
Fixed directory problem for Mac (View 1, View 2)
Fixed clipping children Sprites (View)
Fixed Android resume problem (View)
Fixed Box2d DebugDraw (View)
Fixes for AdsInterface (View 1, View 2)
Fixed PC desktop export should work on Mac (View)
Fixed bundle Mac export template to PC (View 1, View 2)
Fixed Skewing using Matrices (View)
Fixed Gmedia building for desktop (View)
Fixed OSX keys (View)
Fixed gdrbridge for OSX (View)

Additions
Added XMP support (View 1, View 2, View 3)
Added Ctrl, Alt, Esc, Tab keys (View)
Controller plugin update (View 1, View 2, View 3, View 4)
Added setKeepAwake for Desktop (View)
Send project to multiple devices (View 1, View 2)
Plain Win32 export (without QT) (View)
Add ability to set near clipping plane in 3D(View)
Desktop export removed player's networking part (View)
Added new Object methods as getClass, getBaseClass and isInstanceOf (View)
Gideros Desktop player does not show error dialogs, only exported app does (View)
Gideros Studio output is now detachable (View)

https://github.com/gideros/gideros/releases/tag/2015.09

Just trying out different formats of publishing release note :)
+1 -1 (+11 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited September 2015
    Quick note about XMP: it is not available for plain Win32 export ATM.

Oh, and you may wonder what is XMP. It is a library to play trakkers: .MOD, .S3M, .XM and .IT sound modules are now supported.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Awesome update! Thank you all, Gideros team!

Coming soon
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    edited September 2015
    The win32 export is meant to produce a more "lean and mean" Windows export without the use of Qt libs. However, it is currently in alpha testing as it is not complete. UrlLoader, TextInputDialog, AlertDialog are missing.

Once you've exported, you can launch win32.exe but you should also try running from the command line like this

win32 1
    win32 2

Adding a command line argument this way uses the VSYNC facility rather than window timer messages (which happens if you launch with no argument). Whatever value you use is passed to your graphics card: "1" normally means 60 fps and "2" is 30 fps but please let me know how you get on!

Eventually win32 may take over as the main Windows Desktop export, but it needs to mature first. At the moment I want to see how it does with real games and apps you have developed.

• Can't wait to play with this. Awesome job guys.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • The Android controller lib was also updated so the DPad works on official Nexus controllers - it would fail being submitted for AndroidTV without this fix.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • Wow, awesome job guys! Thank you all!

Something new to monetize with Ads our free apps in store windows/windowsphone?
  • New GiderosPlayer.exe doesn't work for me on Windows XP. 2014.1 works fine.
    Image 6.png
    527 x 373 - 15K
  • Doesn't work for me under Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. :(

;)
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @unlying, thanks for your input.
    It looks like the same issue as @tkhnoman, but may not be... Win XP is quite old though, perhaps newest versions of QT dropped support for it. I will check for any info about this.
    However why do you still to refer to 2014.1 as a reference ? previous version was 2015.8 :)

• @hgy29 because previous version that was installed 2014.1.
  • totebototebo Member
    edited September 2015
    Playing with it now. The new features appear to work great.

IAB on iOS seem to behave strangely, however.

This code causes an unnecessary authentication:
    iab = IAB.new()
    This code does nothing:
    iab:restore()
    Purchasing items appears to work as it should.

I've added these issues here: https://github.com/gideros/gideros/issues/151

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @unlying, yes I should have guessed :) You are making a big jump then!
    But of course it doesn't help much knowing it used to work more than a year ago, better knowing which was the most recent working version so as to spot any differences that would explain the issue...

• Since problem is in QT5gui.dll, most probably it will be QT5 issue
    But still you could try previous version (2015.08) because it used QT 5.4 and new one uses QT5.5 maybe there's a difference
  • Any idea what's up with the IAB? Looking to update two of my games and this is the last thing holding things up.
  • Nothing have changed in the plugin code since it was last working for me, which was I think on iOS 7 or even 6 :)
    So probably something changed on iOS part.

It would be really great if someone who uses OSX daily would take over OSX and iOS parts, because none of us on the core team are OSX users and I don't even publish for iOS anymore.

The best bet for now is to look ant some new ios iap implementation codes and compare with iab interface code trying to spot the differences. If spot any differences but don't know how to fix, post on github, so that information won't dissappear :)

If I will have time to check this weekend, I'll do it, but I can't promise anything now (I have a baby on the way that is supposed to be born someday next week, so I will have even less time after that, sorry)
  • Okay, thanks ar2. The authentication when loading the IAB appear to have changed from the last version, which didn't have that issue.
  • It is pretty annoying to make full reexport all apps and tune templates after each update :(
  • @unlying You get good at it! Especially if there are yummy new features to enjoy.

@ar2rsawseen, good luck with delivery! And the IAB too if things take longer than expected with the baby. :) Will have a look at the XCode APIs too, although it's all a little bit like magic to me.
  • A-ha; @ar2rsawseen, you were right. I dug up an iPhone 4s (with iOS 7.x). This issue doesn't happen there and it works as intended. It's likely to be an issue with iOS 8+. Where can I find the latest API for iOS 8?
  • I've continued this discussion in a new thread here:
    http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/5985/iab-in-ios-8
    Dear All,

When you have time, please test your games/apps using the new win32 export. I'd like to know

(a) if it works and
    (b) do you prefer win32 to the existing Windows Desktop export?

This feedback is very important as it will influence how we develop the win32 export target in future and whether it will become the standard Windows Desktop export.
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited September 2015
    I am testing now this version

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited September 2015
    Is the command line 'command' still in there to sync to the vblank or did you manage to put the test for a 60hz vblank in there?

I already prefer it to the normal export btw! :)

• @john26 I tried win32 export, that's great! :) app filesize is about 1/3 of the same desktop Qt export and it seems to run very smooth.

It only supports single touch for me (just Left Mouse button works on windows 7, no wheel and other buttons).
    I personally like the 1/3 file size, if there is no other issue developing this one, I would go for it.

I like having the command prompt as an output window: if you're planning to remove it (which is, I suppose in the final release, please leave it as an option to flag somewhere, because it may be useful to test on different laptops).

thank you

Thanks very much @pie. I'm glad to hear it is mostly working. Did you also try launching it like this (from a command prompt)?

win32 1

It will then use VSYNC for screen updates which may be smoother. If you run just

win32

or double click on win32.exe it uses Windows timer messages.

Please comment on which is smoother for you?

Yes, you are right, it only supports left mouse. I will need to add other mouse buttons, wheel etc. (I forgot about those). It also lacks AlertDialog, TextInputDialog and UrlLoader, so there are certainly more features to add. By next release it should be feature complete so will become a beta version.
    edited September 2015
    @SinisterSoft, I haven't done any automatic testing. To get VSYNC to work you have to do "win32 1" (60 fps) or "win32 2" (30 fps). With no argument it defaults to timer events (at 60fps).

As you can see, win32 does not currently pay attention to application:setFps. This is another thing I need to add to make it feature complete.
    edited September 2015
    @unlying, I tested on Windows XP and indeed Gideros Player does crash on startup. I've also tested it on Vista and it crashes about 50% of the time it is launched! when it does launch successfully, it seems to work fine. So this makes me think there is a bug somewhere, possibly uninitialized variable. I will try to debug on the Vista machine by stepping through the code.
  • @john26 it works!
    I'm using it ti test my new game because new gideros player doesn't work on WinXP, but new export works fine!

• @john26
    I run it from the command prompt:
    It seems that I get the smoothest performance running win32.exe without parameters.
    55 to 64 fps and a visible smoothness.

with parameter 1 it stays between 46 to 55 fps: not as smooth as the first one because of some slight lag here and there.

with parameter 2 it stays at 28/30 fps, worst visual performance of the 3 options, but I can't say it "lags": it's a bit in stop-motion :)

I had an issue with sound twice, but I can't reproduce it:
    sometimes when I close the win32 (noQt) window with the microsoft X and then restart the game, the sound is missing. Every sound, wav and mp3, like there is no speaker.

closing and restarting the app fixes it.

Thanks for your efforts :)
    edited September 2015
    Thanks very much for your feedback, that is very useful. It's interesting you get better results with the timer events while some others seemed to think it's better with vsync... Personally I can't see much difference when I test it!