Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Question about languages — Gideros Forum

Question about languages

freesspfreessp Member
edited August 2015 in General questions
Hey forum members, I am planning on releasing my game soon, and it is currently only in English. Would you guys suggest only releasing to predominantly English speaking countries, or just release it to all countries since many people speak English as a second language?

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I'd say that many people can understand English as a second language, so it is probably safe to distribute on all markets, especially if you don't have translations ready anyhow...
    Btw if you need French translation, I can help ;)
  • Great, thanks for the advice! That was my initial plan, but I wanted to get some advice first. Thanks for the offer for translation, I may take you up on that for a future update to my game :-c
  • We develop educational (English) games for non native English speakers. We have done a lot of translation work but only on essential screens such as in app billing etc.
  • I had a similar concern, I'm trying to make the game as text free as possible but I do have tutorial level with a bit of text explaining the controls, my hope is non english speakers will get it from the animated thumbs on the screen :)
  • @billydb We keep our game mechanics as simple as possible. As you mentioned, we also use simple animation too. We have spent a fair amount of time trying out many ideas and then observing how both native and non-native speakers pick up the controls.