Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
[Tutorial] Build any IPA on Windows for your jailbroken device. — Gideros Forum

[Tutorial] Build any IPA on Windows for your jailbroken device.

Unknown Member
edited July 2015 in Step by step tutorials
Hello!
So you have jailbroken iPad/iPhone and you don't want buy Mac and developer account only to test your Mario or FlappyBird clone :)
And I am here to help you with that :)
I must note you can use this tutorial on Mac too cause on Windows you will need virtual machine to emulate Mac.

First I must explain what you can do and what you cannot.
You can: build any iOS app (I mean ANY, not only Gideros related) and deploy it to your jailbroken device.
You cannot: deploy your iOS app into AppStore (buy developer account to support Apple!)
What you need: PC or Mac and iOS-device.

Preparation for your jailbroken iPhone/iPad:
Install latest AppSync from Cydia.

Preparations for you PC (skip this part if you have Mac):

1) Download virtualization software with MacOS support, like VMware, and install it.
2) Download MacOS image for your virtualization software. I use OS X Yousemite. Where to download it? Google it.
3) Open that image with your virtualization software and load into MacOS system.
4) Setup your shared folder in virtual machine settings. You need it if you want to transfer files from Windows to MacOS.

For this tutorial PC with virtualized Mac is equal to real Mac. No differences except performance. And you can use your developer certificate on virtualized Mac too, but you must support Apple and buy a Mac if you wanna be lawful user.

Preparation for your (virtualized or not) MacOS:
Download and install xCode. You can google this page from stackoverflow: 'how-to-download-xcode-4-5-6-and-get-the-dmg-file'.

Now your machine is ready and it's time for last preparation: little hack for your xCode. You can search YouTube: 'Fake Code Sign Xcode 6: Create Unsigned IPA without Developer Certificate (iOS 8.1)'.
Or I can explain it in following text:
1) Open your xCode from Programs as a package. Use context menu.
2) Open and modify file:
Contents -> Developer -> Platforms -> iPhoneOSplatform -> info.plist
Change value of field 'CODE_SIGN_CONTEXT_CLASS' in 'DefaultProperties' to 'XCCodeSignContext'.
3) Open and modify file:
Contents -> Developer -> Platforms -> iPhoneOSplatform -> Developer -> SDK's -> ???.sdk -> SDKSettings.plist
'???' means you must choose your preferred SDK or patch them all.
Change value of two fields in 'DefaultProperties':
'CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED' to 'NO',
'AD_HOC_CODE_SIGNING_ALLOWED' to 'YES'.

From this moment you can build any app with this method:
1) Open your xcodeproj file from your project folder. It will launch xCode and will load your project into it.
2) [IMPORTANT] Open 'Build Settings' from one of top panels. Move to 'Code Signing'. Choose 'Ad Hoc Code Sign' everywere in it.
3) Connect your iPhone/iPad, wait a little and choose 'iOS device' item. Or you can use simulator.
4) Press 'Build' button. It will build and install your app on your device. You will get error message on MacOS, but simply ignore it: you have your app installed and running!

Happy coding!

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook