Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Windows 10 - Start 29 July — Gideros Forum

Windows 10 - Start 29 July

yubaroyubaro Member
edited July 2015 in General questions
I think the stores will be unified with Windows 10.
How believe will be to present our applications?
What are the differences between export Windows Desktop and WinRT?
Maybe there are more questions, I open this thread to learn more about this.

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Currently there is a bug in WinRT for Windows 10, which was already fixed internally and will be available in next release.

So we are basically Windows 10 RT ready.

There seems to be no difference about Desktop apps, they seem to work as is :)

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    @yubaro The next release has been tested on Windows 10 and works great.

Win32 is the current windows desktop you know and love, Win 8 "metro"/"rt", etc apps run on the tablet side of Windows 8. It's like two systems in one.

With Windows 10 you can run either on the main screen, Windows 10 apps can be resized like traditional windows on the desktop - or you can go into tablet mode and things appear full screen.

Like I mentioned above the Windows RT export in the next version also works on Windows 10, but it might not resize, etc on the standard desktop (it's not alone). I'm sure though that app resize will come once windows 10 has been properly released.

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • yubaroyubaro Member
    Thanks for your answers.
    What is required to submit an application to the windows store?

-Developer account USD 19
    -Laptop or desktop with Win8.1 or 10
    -Windows phone(maybe tablet with win8.1?)
    -Visual Studio Community 2015

Something more is required?
  • Today i just reserve my copy of windows 10 in my work computer. Waiting for 29th .
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    @yubaro, don't forget:

- Gideros 2015.7.15 or better! (previous versions did not work with Win10)

Personally I still use VS Express 2013 for Windows but the more recent 2015 Community version should work as well. Community means it supports many other platforms (Windows desktop, Android etc) which are not needed for Windows Store/Phone development so it uses a lot more disk space. Depends whether those features are important to you I guess...
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    The developer account can be free if you use Microsoft BizSpark - there is a voucher.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com