Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
IOS issues after XCode update — Gideros Forum

IOS issues after XCode update

PaulHPaulH Member
edited October 2014 in General questions
Hey, folks. I woke up the Mac to put out a game update and it asked to do software updates. For some reason I let it install the recommended updates, including updating XCode to version 6.1. I loathe XCode and perhaps I had hopes it would improve some things. Instead it seems to have broken some things that had been working. I encountered the issue with the gamekit module that's discussed in another thread, and the suggested change solved that.

My issue right now is that when testing the app in the iOS simulator it comes up with the position and orientation messed up. The game in question is always in landscape. With the simulator in landscape the bottom half of the game is visible on the right half of the screen, and the left half of the screen is white. It's as though the OS is treating my game as a portrait mode app, distorting and cropping it, This is a project exported this summer from Gideros, and it hasn't been altered since the app was published, except for the gamekit change mentioned above.

Has anyone else had issues with landscape mode? Any ideas of what to do about it? Going back to an older version of XCode isn't out of the question.

Paul