Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
GMedia.java producing low quality JPEG screenshots — Gideros Forum

GMedia.java producing low quality JPEG screenshots

totebototebo Member
edited October 2014 in General questions
Hi guys,

Is there a way to make the GMedia.java save down PNGs instead of JPGs? I've changed this line, but it has no effect:

image.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat.PNG, 100, out);

Niclas
My Gideros games: www.totebo.com

Comments

• The original 90 or yours 100 specifies the quality of image, so if with 100 you still have bad quality, saving as PNG probably won't help it.
    The quality of screenshot also depends on the screen, if screen is low res, then screenshot also will be low res, is this the case?

Can you post a screenshot example here?

But I honestly don't know why changing formats did not work. Only other thought is that you may want to change file extension from jpg to png in private static String createImageFile() method, all in all, I think it should have worked
  • totebototebo Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks @ar2rsawseen. Also not sure why it doesn't work. The JPEG compression is the usual artefacts, nothing strange there. My game is very simple, with many block colours, so there is no reason to use jpeg in the first place, which is why I wanted to go png.
  • @totebo,

It certainly is disappointing that PNGs don't work.
    Is GIF an option?
    Kate's Catalogue of Travelling Theatre Centres :
    Meet Kate. Grey is her favourite colour. Maths is her favourite subject. Decency is her favourite type of behaviour.
    She definitely does not like jewellery or modelling, but loves aeroplanes and other machines made of aluminium.
  • Gif would work great for my game, but it seems the options are JPEG and PNG (theoretically in my case...).