Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Bryce, Hexagon, Daz Studio for FREE! — Gideros Forum

Bryce, Hexagon, Daz Studio for FREE!

SergeykaSergeyka Member
edited February 2012 in Relax cafe
Hi.

-----------------
DAZ Studio Pro was $429.95 / Now FREE
This 3D software package includes DAZ Studio Pro, a feature rich 3D figure customization, posing, and animation tool that enables anyone to create stunning digital illustrations and 3D animations.

Bryce 7 Pro was $249.95 / Now FREE
Bryce is an award winning, fun, feature-packed 3D modeling and animation package designed to allow new users to quickly create and render stunning 3D environments.

Hexagon 2.5 was $149.95 / Now FREE
Hexagon delivers all the tools a graphic artist needs to create detailed 3D models ready for final render. Packed with features such as; DAZ Studio Bridge, sculpted primitives, freehand modeling brushes, micro-displacement modeling tools, comprehensive UV-mapping modules, advanced 3D paint, and instant ambient occlusion.
-----------------

I've got a serial numbers =)
1. Sign up on daz3d.com
2. Add in cart all the products
3. Checkout. (credit card not required)
4. press the button "place order"
5. Go to profile and you will see all serials of products and list of downloads (For PC and Mac).

p.s. If you will to select "All Products and Promotions" and filtered on "Lowest Price" then you will see free plugins, texture e t.c
Sorry for google translate...

Comments

• I've happily used DAZ Studio for years (I'm carnite over there). As I'm no artist, my first storybook app used their figures. Their license is that you can use the 2d renders for almost anything, but if you are doing 3d games where the polygon mesh is included, then you can only use DS Originals and you need the $500 Indie Game Developer license. Also, the figures are too high poly without the Decimator, which is not included in the free offer.
  • SergeykaSergeyka Member
    edited February 2012
    @Caroline
    Bryce can be used to create the background.
    Hexagon and Daz - for example, animated character can be rendered as 2d sequence and created 2d animation.

Bryce example (from official site):
    62741.jpg
    800 x 307 - 63K
    62559.jpg
    800 x 400 - 95K
    Sorry for google translate...
  • I just downloaded them right before I saw this thread. I've heard of them for a long time but I've spent the last 6 years learning modo (http://www.luxology.com). modo still lacks a lot of stuff and they don't give their stuff away so yeah.
  • Hexagon was the first 3d modeller that I got the hang of. Still like it a lot but these days I concentrate on Blender.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I agree - I liked Hex until I switched to a Mac. I believe they've now got it working again for Mac, but I haven't had time to check it out. Simple and fun to use.
    Bryce doesn't work on OSX Lion, and that, along with DAZ Mimic, is the reason I've stayed on Snow Leopard.
  • Yes, Hexagon 2.5.0.5 was very buggy on OSX if you have worked in full screen mode. Once you had the windows seperately it was better. The new version feels much better on OSX.
  • mcfilmsmcfilms Member
    Great! I downloaded the free version of Hexagon and installed it on my Mac. The only thing is, it does not come with a serial number. And contact with Daz has gone unanswered for a couple of days. Anyone know how I might get the serial number?
  • avoavo Member
    If I remember correctly when I signed up and completed the order process (free) the serials were listed in my account somewhere, so I would check around on the site more.
  • @mcfilms - DAZ are rebuilding their site, so you might find some difficulties over the next few days. I should imagine their support is backlogged too. And the forum is down too.

This is the way it's supposed to work:

Firstly you're supposed to get an email with the serial number. But if not:

Login and choose My Account at top right.
    Choose My Serial Numbers on the left.

The Hexagon serial number should be listed there.

I don't know how well it works on the Mac - supposedly they updated it, but I haven't installed it on Lion. I'd be interested to know how well it works for you.