Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
gideros player not working -a update- — Gideros Forum

gideros player not working -a update-

HarrisonHarrison Member
edited January 2014 in Bugs and issues
are you guys having any luck fixing this?
http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/4278/gideros-player-windows-8-crash#Item_10
i think it might be the ports the local player uses combined with a app listening on the same port. Just a thought. What port does gideros player use? Then, perhaps i can delete the offending apps and gideros would work. Or, it could just be a bug. I was just looking at one of the old forum posts (2 years ago)
http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/1971/gideros-player-not-working#Item_10
so.. that might be it, and it might not. I just figured its worth a try. And yes, localhost is checked.
“ The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time. ” - Tom Cargill

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited January 2014
    @Harrison it might do something with the technology we used to develop Gideros Studio and Player (QT) so we are trying to check if that is on their side or not.

About port, it uses 15000 port. More info here:
    http://members.giderosmobile.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=25

But I don't think that it is a problem.

You can also try the Troubleshoot the compatibility stuff on Windows 8 and settings Windows 7 with additional permissions, etc. But that is the long shot :(
  • ok, thanks. I will check port 15000. And troubleshoot a little.
    “ The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time. ” - Tom Cargill
  • HarrisonHarrison Member
    edited January 2014
    wow, am i really the only person with windows 8 here?
    edited January 2014
    it did say incompatable program detected, but it cant fix it.
    also, i dont see any port chaos, so i think you are right.
  • wow, am i really the only person with windows 8 here?
    No - I've got Windows 8 on my laptop and Gideros Studio and Player both work fine on it. I sometimes find that my anti virus (avast) gets a bit over enthusiastic at blocking programs and have to manually set it to accept them, but that doesn't sound like your problem.
  • that's odd... not the avast part, but the win8 part. And by the way, i have avast too, and i turned off the annoying smartscreen for the player. Did you have to do anything else to avast?
  • No - didn't do anything to avast. Just checked my exclusions list in avast and gideros is not in it so I guess it just ran with no problem. You could always disable avast for a little while to check if your problem still happens.
    edited January 2014
    YES!! ITS FIXED!! thank you petec and ar2rsawseen! I didnt think to check avast other than making a exception in avast. But i turn it off for 10 min... and BAM! its fixed! Any ideas on how to keep Avast on while having it work? And happy late new year. You guys made my day. =D>
    oh, and since gideros now works i decided to buy gideros mobile game development.
    edited January 2014
    wow, am i really the only person with windows 8 here?
    who would've thought that this comment would eventually lead to the player being fixed.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Glad it helped you find the problem. I'm able to keep avast running with gideros player. I don't know how you can do anything other than set an exception in avast which obviously doesn't work for you.
  • Similar sounding problem here:
    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=jqqt10hn5d3e8meuosa81ecq70&topic=144077.0
    You could try turning off web shield in avast and see if that narrows it down.