Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Strange Crash in iOS Gideros Player — Gideros Forum

Strange Crash in iOS Gideros Player

troysandaltroysandal Member
edited December 2013 in Bugs and issues
I'm hitting a very weird crash in the Gideros Player v2013.06.3. Can't figure out why my code is doing this but it's related to some changes I made in how I process some background data that's coming in from Parse. I'm in the middle of narrowing down exactly what line of code is doing this but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this.

Thanks in advance.

Thread 43, Queue : (null)
#0 0x00108027 in Matrix::m22() const [inlined] at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/../../2dsg/matrix.h:78
#1 0x00108027 in operator*(Matrix const&, Matrix const&) at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/../../2dsg/matrix.cpp:43
#2 0x0011184c in Sprite::draw(Matrix const&, float, float, float, float) at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/../../2dsg/sprite.cpp:161
#3 0x000ff526 in Application::renderScene(int) at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/../../2dsg/application.cpp:274
#4 0x0013e854 in LuaApplication::renderScene(int) at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/../../luabinding/luaapplication.cpp:978
#5 0x0014f4fc in ApplicationManager::renderLoop() at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/iosplayer/giderosapi.mm:773
#6 0x0014f409 in ApplicationManager::renderLoop_s(void*) at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/iosplayer/giderosapi.mm:752
#7 0x0014ca02 in -[CustomThread main] at /Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/iosplayer/giderosapi.mm:96
#8 0x02abd4f6 in __NSThread__main__ ()
#9 0x036075fb in _pthread_body ()
#10 0x03607485 in _pthread_start ()

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited December 2013
    @troysandal from your previous logs
    http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/4035/assertion-failed-s_vertex_array-0#Item_3

I assume you are somehow reaching the state, where you can't modify/draw on OpenGL (as in can't change anything in Gideros drawn objects) from the Parse callback.

I just really don't know how you get in that state. But maybe if you do that on next enter frame by putting all stuff you do in Parse callback into , for example,
     toobjc(function()
        Timer.delayedCall(1, function()
            --do your stuff here
        end)
    end)asVoidDyadicBlockBO
    should work as expected
  • Tried that but I still get the crash every now and then as opposed to to every time. I'll try more random delays but it's definitely got something to do with how long my operation is taking. One thing I did do that fixed it was to add a call to the native NSLog() for all my logging events to try and see exactly where I'm crashing. That should have made my operation even longer but somehow makes it not crash at all.

Very strange.