Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Android crashes. How to solve? — Gideros Forum

Android crashes. How to solve?

unlyingunlying Guru
edited November 2013 in Bugs and issues
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1319)
at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1055)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2103)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2236)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:145)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1238)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5099)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:803)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:570)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load gideros from loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[dexPath=/data/app/com.debia.sostavslova-1.apk,libraryPath=/data/app-lib/com.debia.sostavslova-1]: findLibrary returned null
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:365)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:535)
at com.giderosmobile.android.sostavslovoActivity.(sostavslovoActivity.java:31)

Comments

• The error states that gideros library is not found, and thus the app crashes. Can you check if you have libgideros.so in all armeabi folders?
  • Sure :)
    I have that crash in many apps. I think that it is a reason why mine users have a black screen on application start.
    Image 1.png
    299 x 614 - 15K
  • Please tell me that it is not random and you can reproduce it ? [-O<
  • I can't. But users can. I'm sure that it isn't random, because every day i have a mail or two about black screen on startup. And many crashes...
  • Well unfortunately no matter from what angle we look at it, it's very hard to find a problem, without the option to reproduce it.

But what we decided to do, is to include some internal error/crash reporting to our own server for fixing purposes, which would allow us to gather anonymous information about device, etc.
    Later on we can develop it to something more, displaying error reports also to premium users, for example :)

I will include it in the labs, once the first version is ready ;)
  • bysregbysreg Member
    edited January 2014
    I have crash reports from users. It seems that gideros / lua crash is not reported in the android developer console ? I checked the android crash report in the developer console but nothing shows up
  • @bysreg not all crash reports are reported to developers console, for example when device is not connected to Internet. Or it was a serious crash breaking also the reporting mechanism.
    And yes I think Lua errors are not completely reported, due to how Lua is handled internally, and we are reworking this mechanism so that Lua errors would also cause the proper crashes.
  • bysregbysreg Member
    edited January 2014
    what do you suggest me to do for now? because i have no idea what causes the crashes. should i use GiderosReporting, crashlytics, flurry?
  • Anyone can give me an input for this?
  • hmm, how did you hear of the crash in first place?

actually all, flurry crashlytics and GiderosReporting report more errors that are provided in Developer console. Because in developer console user actually need to submit the error report. While others simply send it.

Problem with flurry is, that it actually provide too little information about crashes.

I have not used Crashlytics, but lots of folks on the forum are praising it and
    As GiderosReporting is still under development, I would probably suggest trying out Crashlytics first
  • user emails and reviews. Okay, i have done googling for crashlytics and i stumbled upon the bowerhouse plugin for the iOS, too bad there is no android plugin for it yet. It seems you must write additional code to fetch the lua error. I have registered on their invitation list, but havent got a response.