Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Ultimate Guide | Gideros Development Center
Gideros Labs - Gideros Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Gideros Labs

ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
edited June 2013 in Announcements
Here will be the thread to keep you updated on whats going on in Gideros Labs and also discussing all the ideas, features and bugs of Gideros Labs ;)
Just a reminder
Link to Gideros Labs: http://giderosmobile.com/labs
blogpost/announcement:
http://blog.giderosmobile.com/post/53501495071/announcing-gideros-labs

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    One user experiences problems when downloading files from Gideros Labs, does anyone else (upgraded member) who can't download files? Or others can download files without problems?
    +1 -1
    GoogleLicensing added Error event and did more thorough testing, tested on Gideros player and exported app, for testing account and for real account. Now it's moved to stable and Upgraded members can start integrating it in their apps ;)
    http://giderosmobile.com/labs/google-licensing
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
  • Just took a look. Awesome - is there a way we can contribute to the libraries, or comment on issues etc on the lab item's page itself or should we start a thread each time on the forum (could get very messy.)

BTW - with the JSON parser, have you looked at various LPEG based JSON parsers (since LPEG is already in Gideros? eg. https://github.com/harningt/luajson )

Best,

- Ian
    +1 -1
    @ianchia there are two options I was thinking about,
    1) heaving one single forum thread for each of the projects, and providing the link in the Labs (like some projects already have)
    2) implementing Disqus comments to each project page

For now I'm leaning more towards the first option, but what do you guys think?

And about JSON parser, yes we also tried that, but the ones we ended up using, was actually the fastest. Current problem is that json plugin is built using latest QT and will probably not work in current Gideros version, but will work in the one that is about to be released
    +1 -1
  • that json plugin would be very useful, i hope it makes into the standard gideros plugin list sooner or later.
    +1 -1
  • talistalis Guru
    edited June 2013

In my opinion the first option is better and faster .
    talis said:

1) heaving one single forum thread for each of the projects, and providing the link in the Labs (like some projects already have)

+1 -1
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    @ar2rsawseen, what do you mean by "upgraded members"?
    +1 -1
    If you read the announcement blog post then you should know that while Gideros Labs is visible to anyone, only upgraded (premium) members that have bought Indie, Educational or Professional Gideros licenses, can download the code and use it.

Free or Community License members will have to wait till the feature will be available with Gideros releases.
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
  • perhaps you could mention this incentive here as well:
    http://www.giderosmobile.com/pricing
    +1 -1
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    I think the pricing page is a bit confusing as it has a tick against plugins which might give the impression Labs is available for Community members.
    +1 -1
  • Probably option 1, as Disqus doesn't let you upload attachments. Could get messy and sprawling, but let's not over-engineer it...

Looking forward to putting the QT-based Json parser through its paces - thanks for checking against the LPEG Json parsers, which I've been working through. I'll be running it through some significant sized Json files as testbeds in a few weeks. What would be handy (*feature request alert*) is for UrlLoader GET & POST to have GZIP support over HTTP & HTTPS as well for crossplatform. At the moment, I'm only considering supporting local GZIP decompress on iOS from a plugin perspective. Would be extremely useful to have it as part of the built-in functionality of UrlLoader.

Best,

- Ian

+1 -1
    @keszegh will mention it once it is more or less ready, right now you see we are only shaping it with your suggestions :)

@john26 well the plugins tick basically means that you can develop or use provided plugins, but yes it might be confusing and it will be fixed once we mention Gideros Labs there. But anyhow, most of the plugins will be available to community members once they are stable and added to the Gideros release.

For now I will be creating forum threads for Lab projects per need basis and of course if someone has to say/suggest something you may start a thread on your own (if one does not exist) and it could also count as lab project thread ;)
    +1 -1
  • @ar2rsawseen, maybe you can place an asterisk (*) and mention that Plug-ins* would allow access to everyone, however access to Labs will be only available to subscribers with an Indie or Pro plan.
    +1 -1
    @OZApps will prepare a new graphic tomorrow ;)

+1 -1
  • @ar2rsawseen, I'm trying to download code from the Gideros Labs (in particular the Ouya support) but I can't find any download links. I'm logged on with my Gideros id. Any ideas?

best regards
    +1 -1
    @bowerandy there was a problem with your account, it is now fixed, please logout and login back ;)
    +1 -1
  • @ar2rsawseen, that's fixed it! Thanks.

best regards
    +1 -1
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited June 2013
    Tried to download from the labs - but get this message:
    "You must be logged in and upgraded to see this file"

I've tried logging out then back in.
    (Using Chrome on Win8)
    +1 -1
    edited June 2013
    @SinisterSoft it's strange, your account is completely ok.
    One incident which we had with chrome browser is when user have accessed the download page when being log out and chrome cached it and file did not display even when user logged in.

If this is the case (if you accessed download while when being logged out), then you need to either clear cache, or refresh a page a couple of times, it seemed to help :)

Please let me know if it does for you
    +1 -1
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Worked ok this morning. :)
    +1 -1
    edited July 2013
    Pushed Native Json to stable.
    Tested working perfectly on all 4 platforms (both desktops and Andord/IOS)
    and is really on average 30 times faster then lua implementation.
    Recommend all upgraded members to switch to it as fast as possible :)
    http://www.giderosmobile.com/labs/native-json
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
  • native json.... great. now that its stable, it could be a standard plugin... pleease (the cry of a non-upgraded member)
    +1 -1
  • @ar2rsawseen thanks. =D>
    +1 -1
  • @ar2rsawseen, I'm trying to download code from the Gideros Labs (in particular the Ouya support) but I can't find any download links. I'm logged on with my Gideros id. Any ideas?

Same for me.
    +1 -1
    I'm sorry but Gideros Labs stuff is only available to upgraded members (unless it was not released previously somewhere on the forum), and currently I have no idea with which release what will be included.
    +1 -1
  • what means upgraded? I should have 3 legs? :)
    Lol. I'm on community license now:))) Great. Who is responsible for payments? I have payment for 149$ in my paypal history.
    +1 -1
    edited August 2013
  • Added Giftiz SDK plugin to Gideros Labs, including GiftizButton.lua class to wrap button functionality so you would only need to position it and add to the stage ;)
    http://giderosmobile.com/labs/giftiz
    +1 -1
  • It would be handy if some kind of version numbering/update date was added to the labs plugins, this way you know if something has been updated.
    +1 -1