Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Any Idea on Amazon or Nook in App purchase process? — Gideros Forum

Any Idea on Amazon or Nook in App purchase process?

zoolaxzoolax Member
edited May 2013 in General questions
As most of you know Amazon and Nook got In app purchase feature available.
Any body has tried it yet?or any plugins made for it yet?
Thanks in advance.
www.zoolax.com

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    I don't know what you guys think is better?
    Having this implemented:
    https://github.com/onepf/OpenIAB/

Or each platform separately?

Each platform separately would take much more time, but OpenIAB is quite new and untested.

What would you bet on? :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited May 2013
    maybe start with amazon. they are spreading to many new countries, their store works not only on amazon devices, they introduced amazon coins, recently they updated their statistics tab with engagement infos, retention etc, which works without using their api, and is quite useful for developers. so it may become an even more major app-store.
    and then continue with iab when it is more mature?
    but of course if iab is promising enough then it is good for me, the aim is to make cross-platform/store iap as simple as possible.
  • OpenIAB looks nice. It is to much pain to integrate all billing system.
  • zoolaxzoolax Member
    Amazon is the biggest android market after google play ,from what \I read around,so if there is any way to implement them first.
    That would be greatly helpful to many of us.
    Thanks
    www.zoolax.com
  • zoolaxzoolax Member
    I looked at openIAP ,it seems like a solution.

www.zoolax.com
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    OpenIAP. It looks like it's the way forward.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    After looking at OpenIAB and playing with it further, I can tell that it is far from finished, they are internally deciding on lots of stuff, starting from listing priority if multiple inapps availble and up to common API. Thus there are yet no docs and no runnable examples, only half implemented ones with what they have for now.

But I really liked the idea, even when integrating GoogleBilling and Apple in-apps there are lots of similarities.

Right now I have Common ads interface in development, which would allow developer's only wrap up interface on native side (in objective-c or java) without dealing with all the c++/lua bridge. That allows to add new ad frameworks as simply as it would allow to add them natively. After releasing this common interface with lots of supported frameworks we'll see how this idea work, and if it is successful I can try to implement common interface for iaps in Gideros.

• Just an update about OpenIAB:

OpenIAB team already released several production ready versions. API is finalized and similar to Google Play as well as workflow (supports Amazon, Samsung and OpenStores like SlideME, Appland and Yandex).
    Carriers billing support is under development and supervised by Fortumo

Feedback is highly appreciated, OpenIAB team are open for criticism and ideas.