Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
TNT Collision Error — Gideros Forum

TNT Collision Error

Tom2012Tom2012 Guru
edited November 2012 in General questions
Hi

I followed the steps in the readme but get this error in xCode:

"No such file or directory (/Users/tom/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/StressTest_2-dkzqmfjirmviydeneinfllnicxzn/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/StressTest_2.app/StressTest_2)"

Any ideas what is missing?

Thanks!

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• hi @tom2012
    just tested on my mac. using xcode 4.4.1

from gideros i exported stresstest_1
    opened in xcode
    add under foder plugins (of stresstest_1 project) libtntcollision.a copued from tntcollisionengine\Libs\iOs) libtntcollision.a

added under
    "Build Setting" of GiderosiOSPlayer Linking->”Other Linker Flags” the
    flag "-all_load" (without quotes)

compiled for my test device (ipod 2Gen) and work fine.
    also tested OK on ios Simulator.

what version of xcode are you using?

are you sure to have added libtntcollision.a and linkr flags ?
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • Tom2012Tom2012 Guru
    edited December 2012
    Hello GregBUG

I did figure out how to get it working. Here's my instructions in case they help anyone else.

1) Open BoxToBox_Collision in Gideros Studio

2) Go to file export

3) Export project to the desktop

4) Using Finder, copy libtntcollision.a to the xCode project Plugins folder

5) Start xCode

6) Open the project

7) Click on the Folder icon top left

8) Expand the folder with your project name

9) Right click on Plugins and choose add files to .. project name

10) Navigate to xCode project folder

11) Choose libtntcollision.a

12) Go to Build Settings tab then look for Other Linker Files

13) Click the plus next to 'Debug'

14) Type -all_load

15) Repeat for 'Release'

16) Build and run

By the way this is a simply fantastic collision engine. I tested the lua version, my own lua code and this is by far faster.

Thanks again

Tom

• Hello,

Step 12 "Go to Settings tab then look Build for Other Linker Files"
    I can not find in Xcode "Other Linker Files" !?
    Capture d’écran 2013-03-26 à 10.26.31.png
    989 x 1056 - 247K
    AhBadiane
  • Hello, which version are you on?
  • You may need to go to 'go to your project setting and select the build tab. '
  • AhBadianeAhBadiane Member
    edited March 2013
    @Tom2012 thank you for your answer

Xcode version 4.6.1
    I can not find "Other Linker Files" in the Build Settings tab
    See my screen copy
    AhBadiane
  • I found the solution (Google :)>- )
    Must place the flags "-all_load" in the "Linking" of TARGETS
    See the screenshot
    Capture d’écran 2013-03-26 à 18.25.15.png
    860 x 569 - 115K
    AhBadiane
  • Ah, you're right - that's what it's under. Sorry - I should have noticed that. Glad you got it sorted though. =D>
  • Also, got to say how useful this collision detection system is. I'm using a mix of GregBug's collision detection and some box2D between my character and monsters.

TNT Engine is perfect for things like collectibles where box2d collision is overkill.
  • I will try later box2d
    I think I can finish my game with only TNT Collision
    AhBadiane
  • I am glad that tnt engine is useful.

... I'm having a coding crisis ... :-&

... hope to solve my code depression asap ... :|

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • this is my first attempt to work with ios. I have xcode 5 and this id the error:

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

any help?
  • arcadiaarcadia Member
    edited October 2013
    Resolved.
    When i had added the tntcollision plugin, xcode generated this path in "build settings"->"library search path":
    $(inherited) \"$(SRCROOT)/ZeroSphere/Plugins\" \"$(SRCROOT)/ZeroSphere\" /Users/arcadia/Documents/gideros/ios/ZeroSphere/ZeroSphere

I have replaced it with:
    $(inherited) $(SRCROOT)/ZeroSphere/Plugins/ $(SRCROOT)/ZeroSphere/ /Users/arcadia/Documents/gideros/ios/ZeroSphere/ZeroSphere

and now works

• myspsmysps Member
    edited October 2013
    @arcadia - yes i think xcode 5 causes this issues. i've just had the same issue... the generated code causes problems.

thanks for posting!
  • davidtsedavidtse Member
    edited November 2013
    arcadia,
    Thanks for the solution !
  • I have put in my app the flurry , chartboost sdk and now nothing runs causing the same problem as you guys . I tried to fix it the way you said arcadia but i couldnt . Can anyone help? Or maybe arcadia can you put an exact screenshot from your library to see the files?

Thank you !
  • This?
    Schermata 2013-11-26 alle 23.27.16.png
    1280 x 800 - 393K
  • can u send a bigger resolution photo pls??
  • Hi everyone!

I'm trying to add a native plugin to GiderosiOSPlayer XCode project.
    Here is a quote from the manual:

1. Decompress GiderosiOSPlayer.zip
    2. Open giderosiOSPlayer.xcodeproj with xCode
    3. Add under GiderosiOSPlayer/Plugins the file libtntcollision.a (from TNT Collision Engine folder Libs/iOS)
    4. Add in xCode under "Build Setting" of GiderosiOSPlayer Linking->”Other Linker Flags” the flag "-all_load" (without quotes)

ready for test/compile !

I do everything as in this manual but getting an error when compiling:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L"/Users/Synthetic/Desktop/GiderosiOSPlayer/GiderosiOSPlayer"'
    ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L"/Users/Synthetic/Desktop/GiderosiOSPlayer/GiderosiOSPlayer/Plugins"'
    ld: library not found for -lluasocket
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I use a XCode version 5.0.2 on OS X Mavericks 10.9.2.
    Since I'm new to XCode, then ask for your help.
    20e8e57ec646a4a6225991f370473e.jpg
    1038 x 759 - 323K
  • @GameOver

Hi and thanks to use my lib! :)
    in upcoming release (1.05) i'll update the docs...

with xcode 5 you need to correct the path
    under
    Build Setting
    -> Search Path
    LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS
    this is the automatic generated string (in my system)

\"$(SRCROOT)/GiderosiOSPlayer\"
    \"$(SRCROOT)/GiderosiOSPlayer/Plugins\" /Volumes/Archivio/gregbug/Desktop/GiderosiOSPlayer/GiderosiOSPlayer

and this is the corrected version...

/$"(SRCROOT)/GiderosiOSPlayer/"
    /$"(SRCROOT)/GiderosiOSPlayer/Plugins/" /Volumes/Archivio/gregbug/Desktop/GiderosiOSPlayer/GiderosiOSPlayer

basically you need to change all "\" with "/"

hope it helps!

:)

www.tntengine.com
  • Thank you so much guys! Now XCode project was well compiled!
  • AstirianAstirian Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys, I am about to throw my laptop out the window. No matter what I do, neither my iOS or Android projects are finding tntcollision.lua - please please please help.
  • AstirianAstirian Member
    edited May 2017
    I need to understand more how this works. I've added libtntCollision.dylib to /Gideros Studio/Plugins (I think I had to rename it libtntcollision.dylib for the Gideros Player to work!).

I exported projects for both iOS and Android, they both run in the simulators but crash with can't find tntcollision.lua.

I Added the libtntcollision.a file to my XCode project (I actually then had to mess around with renaming libluasocket.a to lluasocket.a and had some issues with a mystery lgideros.a) but I eventually got the game to run. Then it fails looking for tntcollision.lua.

So I thought, hmm, maybe XCode is just being XCode, so I tried the Android path. Less problems here but still, the same thing. (Sorta) when I run the game, the line
    System.loadLibrary("tntcollision");
    in Activity.java throws a fatal exception.

It looks like regardless of adding the libtntcollision.a file (or armeabi folders in the case of Android), neither IDEs know what I'm referring to?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Hi @Astirian, you should probably contact @GregBUG directly about this.

All I can tell is that you need to have you libtntcollsion.so in each jniLibs/{x86,armeabi,armv7}/ folder in Android Studio for 'System.loadLibrary' to work.

Other than that Gideros 2017.4.1 needs updated libraries for Android if the plugin use std C++ library (a change of CPP_STL in the Application.mk file used to build the plugin).

• Ooh thank you very much! Looks like that's gotten me a step further in Android Studio. :D Will report back soon.
  • OK, I'm back in business! I had to revert to an older build of tntcollision. Haven't checked it out in Xcode yet.
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Some copies of tntcollision use bytecode lua files, others use original source. You need to use the version with original source.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com