Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Hi! — Gideros Forum

Hi!

GregBUGGregBUG Guru
edited December 2011 in Introduce yourself
hi! guys!

i'm Gianluca (Aka GregBUG!)
from L'Aquila Italy! :)

i'm testing Gideros from some days now and i feel that it's a good sdk... (better than others based on lua... ;) )
some things are missing (for me at least!) at this moment (Yes I know .. it is still a beta!) things to be really perfect
such as a "particle system" or a collisions system between "sprites" ...

I did several tests on android (galaxy S) and I must say that I am very satisfied (better than other SDK lua based ;) ) in terms of smoothness and speed of generated code ... despite the language "lua" which I do not really like ...

I also have a question:

source code written in lua are interpreted by the virtual machine, or are converted into a kind of bytecode (like the. net or mono?)

if the sources are not converted to bytecode these are placed in .apk file as text file (then editable by others) or are encrypted?

I hope not to have made unnecessary questions ...

thanks and congratulations for Gideros .... is a great development system that will probably adopt it for my "creations". :)

Thanks again and keep it up!

(Ps. now I am going to study the "lua" ... I just do not like it! ;) )

ciao Ciao Gianluca.
TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
www.tntengine.com

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Hai Gianluca!

Thanks for your compliments. Yes, we are indeed aware that our implementation is far superior in terms of speed and efficiency.

Bytecode compilation of Lua files is introduced with Gideros Studio 2011.9 beta 3, so if you downloaded the latest pack, your source code will be bytecode compiled.

Keep us posted and busy with your latest development story ;) I'm really willing to see your progress.

After 2011.9 is released, our plugin system will be introduced in a month's time, so you'll be able to code some of your game logic in C/C++/Obj-C, and call your functions from Lua.

Ciao,
    G.