Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Lua Glider IDE Beta Test — Gideros Forum

Lua Glider IDE Beta Test

edited August 2012 in General questions
Hello All,

We are happy to announce that the Lua Glider IDE for Gideros will be available for beta testing in the next few days. Features include:

-Class aware and scope aware autocompletion
-Autocompletion also works between modules and takes module dependencies in account
-Fully featured debugger complete with breakpoints, call stack view, and variable view
-Ability to pause, step in, step out, and step over
-Variables can be set during program execution
-Goto variable/function declaration functionality. Works between files and modules too.
-Advanced navigator pane that shows variables, functions, tables, members, and even inherited fields
-Many more convenience features like code folding, comment scanning for TODOs, git/svn/hg versioning support, and much more.

Please check out our video and website:
http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/CIDER/

Our beta version will be fully unlocked and will contain all the features of the full Glider for Gideros IDE so we will be restricting it to the first 5 developers who email us. We ask that you have a mac and a windows machine so you can help us test cross platform consistency. For your help you will get a free license of Glider for Gideros.

Please email us at mydevelopergames@gmail.com

Regards,
M.Y. Developers

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• really nice ide!!!

hope i'm in the first 5 devs... ;)
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Cant wait to see your IDE with full support to Gideros SDK. We have just separated the IDE & SDK and this will give you more flexibility to build a fully featured Gideros Studio.

Next version will have the ability the export directly from command line, so the dependency to a specific IDE will be completely removed.

Dislikes: blackheart, omer

+1 -1 (+0 / -2 )Share on Facebook
  • Hello, cider c*rona user here. I was satisfied with your ide before, happy to see you port it to gideros :)

Any chance for realtime lua memory profiler soon?
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    @Nascode we'll work with MY Developers to make their Lua Glider one of the best IDEs out there compatible with Gideros Studio. Stay tuned ;-)
  • @gorkem that's a great news! Glider is based on NetBeans IDE and what's wonderful about it is it's ability to do real time debugging, i'm sure it could help making Gideros much more complete platform :)
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com
  • I just watched the video - it looks amazing!
  • Now i am amazed really. Definitely following and waiting for the release.
    Great job porting it to Gideros. Especially this feature is "-Variables can be set during program execution" my top. I am kinda a lazy person in design and hate to recompile and run from the beginning my programs.
    =D>
  • Hello All,

Thanks for everyone's interest! We are close to releasing our first beta version to our beta testers. It took a while to implement some gideros specific functions in the auto-completion library and parsers to read in the gproj files. Here are some useful features you can expect (in addition to the ones stated before):

-Autocomplete is aware of the order of the gproj file execution and updates the suggestions accordingly
    -The IDE will keep track of your custom types and will provide you with relevant suggestions+ the ones inherited from the supertype
    -The navigator pane will show inherited and non-inherited fields
    -The simulator can be launched directly from the IDE, much like the Gideros IDE. All additional assets added in glider IDE will be automatically added to the gproj file generated by glider.
    -Camel case autocomplete allows you to enter the capital letters to quickly narrow down an object.

There are a few limitations/known issues at this moment though.
    -All added files will have the "excludeExecution" flag set to true. You must "require" them in the files needing them. Or you can open up Gideros studio and set the dependencies that way, glider will use preexisting gproj files before generating its own.
    -On mac the debugger may not connect properly the first time.

We will keep everyone updated on our progress.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers

• nicholasclaygnicholasclayg Member
    edited August 2012
    Ahh, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I used CIDER for Corona SDK, it's BAD ASS. I like the debug features and how it's laid out, if it's anything like that you will like it, glad to see something like that coming over to GIDEROS. People will really like it, makes workflow much much faster.

I want I want I want!

-Nick
  • Hello All,

We have issued an update that will fix the retina image scale bug. Please let us know of anything else you find. Also note that you must have the most recent version of Gideros installed and that you cannot have Gideros IDE running at the same time as Glider. This will prevent Glider from connecting to the player.

We are looking forward for more feedback. We still have 2 beta test slots remaining if anyone else is interested. Please email us at:
    mydevelopergames@gmail.com

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers

• Hi, I did apply for a beta slot a couple of weeks ago but I didn't receive a reply (maybe my spam folder ate it?). Anyhow, I've sent you another request.

Best regards
  • @All,

We have released Glider v 1.7.07. In this release we have added accelerometer and gyroscope support for Gideros. You can now debug these events directly from the IDE using the remote (ultimote) module. You can even add breakpoints in your event handler code. This version also fixes a few autocomplete library bugs.

If anyone is interested in a free 21 day trial please check us out at
    We expect it to be released by then but if not we will extend everyone's trial. It is quite functional already so please check it out. Consider this an open beta. Thanks for all those who participated in the closed beta!

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers

• Hi Everyone,

I have been using Glider as part of the 'closed' beta and I do want to say that it is a very good tool to have. I enjoy using it and it has great features to make you more productive. The team at M.Y.Developers were quick to respond to issues in beta as well.

So I would like to recommend people to at least download and use for the trial period to see how this can defiantly assist you in your development. I think it is great.

Regards

Z
  • Hi I am trying to run my application with Glider IDE, but I have a problem, I couldn't find code dependency settings.
    Can we define code dependency and call order in Glider IDE?

thanks
    ilker
  • Hello.

I think at the moment you have to open the .gproj file itself in Glider and manually edit the XML

Would. be nice to have this directly in the program though

Cheers

evs
  • evs thanks for the quick reply. But Glider seems to override GliderProj.gproj when I run application.
  • @zakkwylde,
    Thanks for the words. Glad you liked it!

@Ilker,
    We will work on this feature. Currently any file added using glider will have the no-execute attribute in the gproj file. You can then require it in any file that needs it. Obviously this is not a permanent solution. We will implement a gui that is similar to the gideros IDE for this.

@Evs,
    Yes, we will working on such a feature.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • edited September 2012
    @ilker,
    Here are the exact steps Glider takes right now when generating the gproj file:
    1) checks for an existing gproj file (other than GliderProj.gproj)
    2) reads in all the attributes of the existing gproj file into memory.
    3) creates a new GliderProj.gproj file and adds a socket.lua and CiderDebugger.lua dependency.
    4) saves the file to disk and runs the simulator.

So the only difference between the two files should be the two extra dependencies. That being said you should make the changes you need to your original proj file. You can even do this via gideros IDE for the time being.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • RadieselRadiesel Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi there,
    does anyone know how to get gideros SDK working in Lua Glider? I sent an email @mydevelopergames and was asking for a hint, but I guess they don't have time to answer within a day ;) I am running version 1.7.15 (latest), but I am not able to activate Gideros SDK. I can enable Coronas, but checkboxes (MOAI and Gideros SDK) are disabled. That happens on OS/X and on Windows 7. Is there any step-by-step instructions to get it working?

BTW, figured out, that Gideros SDK is much faster than Coronas, so I will develop my game with Gideros. Since LUA Glider is the very best choice for an IDE, I would be very happy to get this working.

Thanks and good luck to all (game)developers!
    Michael
  • Hello Radiesel,

Thanks for your interest!
    We sent you an email that should fix the issue. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • Hi, I was on holiday last week I forget to reply. Your workaround solved my problem, thanks. :-bd
    Here comes another question, I cannot debug with gideros is it supported?
  • Hello Ilker,

No problem. You should be able to debug. We tested most of the Gideros example files and we were able to set breakpoints and inspect variables/call stacks successfully. Could you post a code snippet for us to try out and replicate the problem?

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • Hi,

I'm encountering the same issue where I am not able to activate Gideros SDK in Glider (1.7.2). I can enable the corona sdk, but checkboxes (MOAI and Gideros SDK) are disabled. I'm currently evaluating a switch from Corona to Gideros and want to see how Gliders goes using Gideros.

Cheers.
  • Hello,

I like Glider and i would definitely like to use it, but it does not work for me. I guess i am doing something wrong.

I installed a trial version from here
    And set it up to work with gideros. It does launch applications and connects to gideros player, but it completely ignores file dependencies of the original .gproj file and fills the entire code with "Possibly uninitialised" warnings (which means it is not even aware of global variables defined in other files, even if they are "required" explicitly - in that case, it puts warning on the "require" statement, saying that class does not exist, even if it launches correctly). Debugger does not work also.

Is it the wrong version i downloaded or what? Where can I get trial that actually works with Gideros, or what settings did i miss?

Glider version 1.7.2

Thanks in advance.
  • @mydevelopergames

my beta "time trial" is expired.
    so i can't test anymore. :(

... :((
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • @mydevelopergames
    I bought the program, i have the same problem. Can not enable Gideros it is passive. Can you please help in this case?
    Hello Radiesel,

Thanks for your interest!
    We sent you an email that should fix the issue. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers