Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
EVEN MORE functions added for Gideros Studio 2011.9 — Gideros Forum

EVEN MORE functions added for Gideros Studio 2011.9

gorkemgorkem Maintainer
edited November 2011 in Roadmap
Hi again Giderans,

We cannot stop ourselves adding small but effective functions for this relase, and here's a list of them:

- Autorotation for iOS
- Retina display option in IDE
- 30/60 fps options
- Application:getDeviceInfo() brings useful device information
- b2.DebugDraw now supports drawing flags
- Now you can disable screen dimming
- New functions to retrieve automatic screen scaling parameters

You asked for it ! :-)

Dislikes: DRS

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• StoffeStoffe Member
    edited November 2011
    Will especially appreciate the screen dimming thing, since my current game does not involve touching the screen in core gameplay! :) The screen scaling parameters may also be very useful, doing a lot of calculations manually right now...
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Indeed the screen dimming functionality is there because of your game :-)
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited November 2011
    Also I want to add these to the list:
    - tilemaps are now much faster and its performance is independent from its size.
    - Application:getContentWidth and Application:getContentHeight returns swapped logical dimensions if the orientation is landscape (thank you stoffe)

We're really close to release 2011.9 final :)
  • Of course there is always a lot of things to wish for, but I think the only thing really really needed then is catching/using the back button (and if it's as easy, menu button as well).

I'm missing text input, but I know it's in the future roadmap and assume it's non-trivial as well, so will find other ways to deal with that. :)
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    Now plugins, android keys, text input and message box have the highest priority. You won't wait long :)