Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Sound (wav) playback latency on Android (mainly Samsung devices)... — Gideros Forum

Sound (wav) playback latency on Android (mainly Samsung devices)...

MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
edited June 2012 in Bugs and issues
The following refers to apps built for Android with Gideros SDK only:

I've written a test drum pad app that triggers sound .wav's when multitouch drumpads are hit.

The multitouch is working 100% on Android and iOS, but there is approx 100ms+ of delay before you here a sound after triggering it from 'touches begin' on Android?

This issue mainly presents itself on Samsung devices and not so much HTC for example and also happens on Icecream Sandwich enabled devices i.e. really odd this!

I've tried using wav samples from 44Khz -16bit all the way down to 8Khz - 8bit and the result is the same. In fact I've tried the audio example 1,2,3 demo that comes with Guideros and it does the same thing. I've even noticed many Android apps on Google Play that are not of course written with Gideros do the same thing on a range of Android devices so I'm not sure it it's Gideros SDK or an Android device hardware/firmware problem.

100ms+ of audio delay is not so noticeable in a game of course but it is big problem in a music based app.

All works great on iOS just not on Android without the 100ms+ latency/delay.

My own Android test device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 5.0 wifi (i.e. not a phone) which is running Frodo 2.2.
I played a random free platform demo on just now that had a jump button and the sound triggers instantly! (meh?), so this is why I now think there is something wrong with the Gideros sound API/Layer/Interface perhaps.

I've tried everything pretty much :P

Anyone?

Comments